ST Exhuast Tone in Sport Mode

Sage

When I put my ST in Sport Mode, the exhaust seems to be enhanced in the cabin by use of the speakers?  I have read others that have stated it is the same for them as well.  I have read a couple of posts that stated on later built ST's there is no enhancement (my ST is an early built).  I have been working with a Ford Service Advisor and he sent a request to Ford, using an internal system, asking how to turn that off.   Below is the reply he got back from Ford, note: it is a screen shot that was sent to me by email.  Not sure how visible it will be, but the reply was that the ST does not have a system called ESE system, there for it does not pipe in exhaust tone, so nothing to turn off.

Comments, does some else know better - been told something different?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.c24971ac596e9e213e18056ea837aac5.png

You can disable it with Forscan but you will also lose active noise cancellation. There are threads about it on here somewhere. Also its BS that they deny it as it is also in all of the literature and I personally heard the difference between the car i test drive (early build) and my car (later build) that either has it toned way down or inactive. 

Agree with the above.  The Ford rep who replied is either unaware or misleading.  It's possible that ONLY the engine noise can't be turned off (as mentioned above it'll also turn off noise cancellation) but it's definitely there on our early build and definitely NOT a natural exhaust sound.  

20 minutes ago, ONEDGE16 said:

Here's the Forscan info most people are using to disable it:

Engine Noise Enhancement disabled (Piped in engine noise):

ACM

727-01-01 xxxx  xXxx xxxx          

2 = Enabled

0 = Disabled

Thanks for the info

• 1 year later...

I put my setting to 0 and I am still getting a very noticeable hum through my after market amp and sub.  I have tried grounding my amp I two locations and the hum is always at the same rpm.  Anyone else still getting a hum after disabling the system?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beefnuts said:

I put my setting to 0 and I am still getting a very noticeable hum through my after market amp and sub.  I have tried grounding my amp I two locations and the hum is always at the same rpm.  Anyone else still getting a hum after disabling the system?

If the amp has gain control, you might have it set too high. I had this issue on a previous installation and corrected it by turning it down a tad and letting the volume on the head unit do its thing.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:44 PM, Beefnuts said:

The setting in the ACM isn't enough to turn off the fake engine noise, it also has to be turned off in the DSP. Note this also disables ANC (active noise control)

783-01-01 Cxxx xxxx xxxx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...