Front license plate bracket removal

Going to remove the front plate bracket. Unfortunately, I have 4 holes in the bumper behind the bracket. Two to mount the bracket, and two where the previous owner used a screw that was too long, went through the bracket and into the bumper. I was going to use black, button head Phillips screws until I saw the 4 holes. So now I’m looking at adding these. Anyone used these before that can provide some feedback?

https://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_11

I just bought some plastic plugs from Home Depot and stuck them in  the two holes that were on ours.  I was going to paint them to match, but it looks fine as is. Black plugs on red.   With 4 holes, I'd probably paint them.  $28 for some painted plastic plugs seems more than pricey to me.  

• 2 months later...

Did my own with plastic plugs from a local supplier and custom mixed spray paint using the OEM paint code.  Also did plate frames front & rear.

48302765832_b6755beb81_o.jpg

48376433627_b123b86803_o.jpg

48373854387_536e3ae3f0_o.jpg

Paint from local supplier was about $30 and included clear in the mix.  Front plate frame is mounted using a recycled Sto 'n Sho bracket, available online.

Jacob

Edited by JacobZ06
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a picture of a 2019/2020 edge with the license plate bracket removed? For some weird reason I just don't like the looks of the bracket, and my state doesn't require it. I'm looking at buying a used one, they all seem to have the bracket. I know it will need the rivets drilled out to remove, I can't tell if there are holes in just the painted part of the bumper or the black plastic portion as well? 

• 7 months later...

Will have to succumb to WI DOT regs and mount front plate on 2018 Edge Sport, strongly considering Sly Brackets no-drill mounting scheme. My concern; will reducing airflow through mesh area create problems? If so, I'm forced to further desecrate one of the best SUVs in my fuddled memory. Would appreciate any insight on this. Thanks