Livernois Tune Options

TRYING2ADULT

I pulled the trigger on their touch mycalibor tuner the other day for my 15 sport and now I'm looking for recommendations on which 4 tunes to get.  I don't race or plan to, just looking for better performance like the next guy ? Thanks guys!

Tunes I know I want:

93 performance

91 performance

• Like 1

You also need to consider the Transmission shift firmness. There is the standard Livernois and there is "Softer". For me both were harsh and felt like I am breaking my transmission and I then requested for "stock" shifts. You don't have to ask for all 4 at the same time. Maybe you can try one or two and then request what might feel best.

• Like 1

I just got my unit yesterday for my ST.  I also was not sure what tunes I wanted and am not really sure what they are all called.  Is there a list somewhere?  I just want a 93, 91 and a Tow one for just in case.  But if there are normal and performance shifting them now I am curious as to what ones to get for the first round.  ?

from what i gather, there is a performance tune and "soft" tune for 87, 89, 91, 93 octane and race grade. Performance tunes have more aggressive shifting where a soft tune is more like stock.

I too am not 100% on all the variations they offer. 

Here is a response i got the other day:

thanks for using Livernois for your tuning, we have tunes in eoither 87,89,91 and 93 octane fuels, we can tune for performance and towing tunes if you tow with the ranger,

| The most popular is 93perf and towing tunes as well as 91 perf and towing in case you can not get 93 octane fuel, Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks Dave

Edited by TRYING2ADULT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TRYING2ADULT said:

from what i gather, there is a performance tune and "soft" tune for 87, 89, 91, 93 octane and race grade. Performance tunes have more aggressive shifting where a soft tune is more like stock.

I too am not 100% on all the variations they offer. 

Here is a response i got the other day:

thanks for using Livernois for your tuning, we have tunes in eoither 87,89,91 and 93 octane fuels, we can tune for performance and towing tunes if you tow with the ranger,

| The most popular is 93perf and towing tunes as well as 91 perf and towing in case you can not get 93 octane fuel, Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks Dave

Thanks.  I will probably do a 93perf, 93 soft, 91soft and 91tow for mine then just to see the differences.  Might as well play around a little with them since you can just keep changing them. 

8 hours ago, 037 said:

93 aggressive, e30, race 100. That's what you paid $ for, everything else... 

Unfortunately there are no E85 gas stations anywhere near me, like within a few hundred miles.  And no 100 octane either.  Heck we have one gas station that sells 90 octane as its highest, but there are plenty of 93's.  So 93 is the best I can find here. 

9 hours ago, 037 said:

93 aggressive, e30, race 100. That's what you paid $ for, everything else... 

I believe e85 and e30 will be coming back to a lot of gas stations eventually since some regulations were rolled back. No telling when or where you can find either though. I live in alabama and all pumps currently have 87, 89, 93. 

I assume and octane booster added with 93 would get you to the 100?

1 hour ago, TRYING2ADULT said:

I believe e85 and e30 will be coming back to a lot of gas stations eventually since some regulations were rolled back. No telling when or where you can find either though. I live in alabama and all pumps currently have 87, 89, 93. 

Some areas do have race gas, 100 octane, just not around these parts.  But I imagine if you add enough octane booster you would get there  But at that point, due to cost, why bother other than to get a good 1/4 mile number?  Not like you are daily driving with it at that tune level.  I really do not care about the numbers other than 0-60 as a measurement of what is gained.  I want daily driver that can get up and go when just doing my daily commute.  Lol!

5 hours ago, TRYING2ADULT said:

This is one of the best octane boosters that you can get. Mixing instructions are on the can. 

TRCF500010T.jpg

torco_bleding_chart_ffad99baea966ba4c7abb280ec35f4a0829324f5.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 037 said:

I used www.Race-gas.com for my 12.7 runs. 

Very interesting I was not aware of this , Race Gas looks to be a very good quality product. It appears to be similar to Torco in that it is not just an octane boost per say but an additive to gas that converts it into race fuel. They are both safe for oxygen sensors and catalytic converters.

The  big difference I can see right away is in the price. On Amazon Race Gas costs $31.55 per Qt. and Torco costs $19.90 per Qt.

With Race Gas to make 91 octane 101 you need to add 5 oz  per gal. So  one quart will raise 6 gal of 91 to 101. That works out to $5.26 per gal + the cost of the 91 gas. 

With Torco  one quart will raise 10 gal of 91 octane to 102. That works out to $1.99 per gal + the cost of the 91 gas. 

One big thing to remember is that the all time 1/4 mile record for the Ford Edge was set with Race Gas in the tank and that says a lot.

In conclusion 037 and I have presented solid choices for converting pump gas into race fuel. Not just octane boosters. 

RG-RGU_large.jpg

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On the first run of the 93 perf tune right after install I got 5.54 just mashing the gas in normal mode with trac off.  I tried Sport trans mode just mashing and got 5.91, not sure what that was about.  Back to normal trans and brake boosting I got 5.499. This was at 83 degrees in an otherwise stock ST right after tuning and no driving around.  Brake boosting spun the tires and I probably could have held longer to build boost but was not expecting it.  Did not try Sport trans mode for that run and will do some other time.  I got 5.81 in all modes with the stock tune and in mid 60's degree weather.  I need to drive it more of course to see how it learns and goes.  Just driving long enough to slow back down to zero between runs.  I was impressed and shocked it built boost braking and flooring it, it did not do this stock.  Boost comes on in 1st gear much sooner than the stock tune which is nice.  Anyhow pleased with it.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 037 said:

What are you using to measure acceleration? I would expect some tire spin. 

I just use an app on my phone hooked to my wifi OBDII adapter, the app is Car Scanner on an iPhone.  Not sure how accurate it is but I figure the difference between the times should be a ice reflection of any increase in performance.  I could definitely tell the Boost comes on in 1st sooner so that of course would help the time and it is what I feel this should have done right from the get go by Ford.  But they are selling to the masses who may buy the vehicle and not really care how quick it is as longs as it can pass on the highway and back roads.  

52 minutes ago, 037 said:

You should invest in Dragy if you want accurate results. Www.godragy.com 

Those are nice, but I am not sure I care enough to spend $150 to figure it out a couple of times.  If I was going to go further and get a custom tune, DP's, FMIC and any other bits then maybe.  But this is a lease and I only wanted some improvements, for now.  ?

Am I the only one who struggled filling out the tune form for the livernois mycalibrator touch? I feel like the code description they need didn't match the code description my car showed.

For example:

They ask for ECU/SC, all I could find was CCPU/SW.

Same thing?

If not, where the heck do I find it?

Also, instructions say download your stock tune to the mycalibrator and upload it to the tuner program on your computer (installed that program yesterday). But when I plugged the tuner into my car for this, the touch screen came on but nothing happened. I couldn't tell of it was doing anything and it didn't have options to pick. Just the on screen and nothing else. I waited a few minutes and nothing. Kinda don't know what to do now.

13 hours ago, 037 said:

My last one was a lease, holding down #1 over a year later. 

Knowing how well the car is performing beats guessing. In the heat, in the cold, anywhere. 

I use mine on the street mostly for launch measure and 20 to 40 

I may do it.  It would be nice to play with with other cars just to see how they do as well.  My brother has a stock 2017 Mustang GT w/Perf Package and my mother will be picking up her new 2019 MKC, replacing her 2017 lease and the Corsair is not out yet.  And dad has a 2017 Escape 2.0T.  And knowing the other numbers would be nice since I spend more time maybe in the city or passing on back roads and not just stopping in the middle of the road and flooring it.  ?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TRYING2ADULT said:

Am I the only one who struggled filling out the tune form for the livernois mycalibrator touch? I feel like the code description they need didn't match the code description my car showed.

For example:

Same thing?

Also, instructions say download your stock tune to the mycalibrator and upload it to the tuner program on your computer (installed that program yesterday). But when I plugged the tuner into my car for this, the touch screen came on but nothing happened. I couldn't tell of it was doing anything and it didn't have options to pick. Just the on screen and nothing else. I waited a few minutes and nothing. Kinda don't know what to do now.

That i what I got on mine.  Top number is VIN then the ECU/Strategy Code then the SW ID number.  You send them the info and I attached the picture and then they should send you an email when it is done.  You will then plug your unit into the computer and run the MyCalibrator software and it will download the tunes they give you, for me they just sent 87-98 Perf, 91 Perf, and 93 Pref tunes because on the fuel question I put 91 and 93, or maybe they just send those to everyone.  Then the next time I plugged the unit into the car it saved the stock tune then I turned the car off and unplugged the unit and waited about 10 seconds and put the car back into Run mode, not started, and plugged the unit in and selected my tune.  It did its thing and I then turned it off and back on and drove it.  I did have to reset my Sync 3 unit because the screen came on and the radio then eventually went blank but the music still played.  It was fine after the reset, hold power and Search Up buttons until it resets.  I did not hear anything from them within 24 hours so I sent a Message to them and they had forgot to let me know the tunes were ready for the unit.  So if you do not hear anything within the 24-48 hour window then call or message them from the site. 

Good luck.

IMG_1838.thumb.jpg.dcf0af5fb85c66c50f968bcee15ffb51.jpg

11 hours ago, TRYING2ADULT said:

For example:

Same thing?

Under vehicle info I got a "CODE" & "SW" and sent them to Livernois.

For the stock tune, after connecting the tuner to the PC, did you run the MyCalibrator software (app) on the PC? After running it (opening it) it should connect automatically to the tuner and send the stock tune. The App's information will show you a dialogue of what's going on, if I recall correctly.