WTB: APIM - 2011 Ford Edge Sport

sblasl

Just purchased a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. Unfortunately, due to the age of the vehicle Ford is no longer honoring the recall for the APIM. I am wanting to purchase a "new" APIM. I want the most recent revision of the APIM that Ford has released.

Details of my vehicle. 2011 Sport FWD with heated seats, Sony, HD, Sirius, dual zone, ambient lighting, back up camera, and a Nav APIM.

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by sblasl
Additional information

26 minutes ago, 2FAST4U said:

I see… It"s "Accessory Protocol Interface Module"... but…what does it do?? :shrug:

Claude

Google is your friend -

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

The SYNC computer, which Ford calls the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM), is housed separately from the head unit, called the Audio Control Module (ACM), and interfaces with all vehicle audio sources as well as the high-speed and medium-speed vehicle CAN-buses.[20][21] The first generation of the Ford's SYNC computer was designed in cooperation with Continental AG[22] and is built around a 400 MHz Freescale i.MX31L processor with an ARM 11 CPU core, uses 256 MB of 133 MHz Mobile DDR SDRAM from Micron and 2 GB of Samsung NAND flash memory,[23][24] runs the Windows Embedded Automotive operating system,[25] and uses speech technology by Nuance Communications. Utilizing the USB port, SYNC's Microsoft Windows Auto-based operating system can be updated to work with new personal electronic devices. A Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR) BlueCore4 chip provides Bluetooth connectivity with compatible phones and devices. SYNC's major circuit board chipscost roughly US$27.80, which allows Ford to profitably sell the system at a much lower price than competitive offerings.[23]

On 7/13/2019 at 12:47 PM, Gortty-Pilot said:

You can literally buy any Ford APIM from eBay (not SYNCC3) and use Forscan to activate navigation and set it up to match your as-built data. Between the used APIM , free Forscan software and the ELM adapter you need, you’d spend about $140-175. 

You don't happen to be in the Memphis or Little Rock area by chance? I won't be able to do this on my own...

How can you be sure that you are receiving the most recent revision of the APIM from a eBay listing? I definitely do not want a older version of the APIM.

Thanks