always / power-on live fuses for dashcam

Tronjo

Guys,

Long time member (since 2016) but first post.  

I am trying to fix-up a dashcam with parking function and for this I have to feed it through 3-wire set: always live / power-on only live /ground.  Can you please someone point me to fuses in the passenger compartment box in edge 2015-2019 that are always live (not timed) and only power-on live, preferably not related to safety (like airbags, etc.)?  I know, that I can measure this with a probe, but I will have to wait for the power-off timer. Also the fuse box is positioned in a very convenient location for an old dude like me.

Thanks in advance ?

Hi Tronjo,

I feel your pain trying to reach the fuse box but here's a tip.  Some Edge's have a storage drawer others a cover on the dash to the left of the steering column.  Whichever you have if you'll remove it getting eyes on the fuse panel will be much easier.  I found using that opening as a view port then reaching up under the dash to remove/replace fuses was a whole lot easier than working from the floor of the car ;)

To your question.  For the exact same application I used fuses 35 (labeled as a spare and switched) and 26 (front passenger lock indicator always hot).  An Add-a-Fuse in each slot made the connection easy.  Another tip.  Attach a length of wire to the add-a-fuse before plugging into the fusebox.  Make the pigtail long enough to reach under the dash and into the cabin making it easier to connect your camera.  Once connected and tested you'll be able to coil up the extra wire and tuck it behind the kick panel.

add-a-fuse.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...