New/Used Vehicle To Keep Miles Down On The ST

vmaxbaby

This weekend bought a 1 owner garage kept Fiesta with 50K miles, 5 Speed, Moon roof, for 5K.  Now it has no power but getting 40+ avg on the highway.  :)  I know it is crazy but want to keep the miles down  on the ST and spare it the winter abuse.  Sadly  I like the ST and needed something bigger than my escape  but I don't  love the performance of it.   Ford could have done so much more to it mainly more HP or give us boost in the lower gears and a transmission that shifted right.  If the day comes and they redo it from the ground  up like the explorer hopefully it becomes a 0-60 under 5 seconds I will be trading up.   

IMG_9196.jpg

IMG_9198.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well we loved the Fiesta SE so much we sold it this week and bought a brand new Fiesta ST.  One thing I truly enjoy is all the mods you can do to this car.   Since the Edge ST doesn't seem like it will ever have any parts for it I figure the Fiesta would hold me over until A someone makes some parts, or B Ford makes a better Edge ST in 2022-23.   The Edge is faster than the Fiesta for now :)  but it is allot more fun to drive.  Parts will be coming soon to get this thing close to 260 ft-lbs torque which should make it a blast to drive :)

image.thumb.jpeg.200f022078e00ff9823be77a0dc685f9.jpeg

• Like 1

"To Keep Miles Down On The ST" - I understand your intentions, but for me I enjoy my long commute to and from work in my Sport and don't consider it viable to preserve a vehicle that is not an exotic that appreciates in value as it gets older.

Check the KBB on the Edge models and I'm sure you'll be as shocked, and disappointed to see how rapidly they depreciate.

10 hours ago, 1004ron said:

"To Keep Miles Down On The ST" - I understand your intentions, but for me I enjoy my long commute to and from work in my Sport and don't consider it viable to preserve a vehicle that is not an exotic that appreciates in value as it gets older.

Check the KBB on the Edge models and I'm sure you'll be as shocked, and disappointed to see how rapidly they depreciate.

My 2011 Sport did very well I traded it after 8 years for over 30% of original purchase price. Also so far according to KBB my 19 ST looks to be doing pretty well also. Depreciation seems about the same as anything else on the market. 

1 hour ago, Fingernip said:

My 2011 Sport did very well I traded it after 8 years for over 30% of original purchase price. Also so far according to KBB my 19 ST looks to be doing pretty well also. Depreciation seems about the same as anything else on the market. 

I mistakenly created the impression that I think our Ford Edge's are unique in their depreciation - all in this category are subject to that kind of depreciation.

I haven't looked into that in too much detail as I don't plan on selling it for a very long time - it's my daily commute and looks and rides like it did when I bought it new 3 years and 52K miles ago.

I'm fortunate to enjoy my ride everyday, .......no garage queen.

Edited by 1004ron

49 minutes ago, 1004ron said:

I mistakenly created the impression that I think our Ford Edge's are unique in their depreciation - all in this category are subject to that kind of depreciation.

I haven't looked into that in too much detail as I don't plan on selling it for a very long time - it's my daily commute and looks and rides like it did when I bought it new 3 years and 52K miles ago.

I'm fortunate to enjoy my ride everyday, .......no garage queen.

Don't worry to much about depreciation. It will do better than any non AMD Mercedes and non M BMW for sure (Closest price/size feature competitors) and about on par in % with Hyundai and Honda. Being a Sport model it will always hold a unique appeal to the right buyer also so it can beat the trend. 

I just wanted an excuse to buy a fiesta ST :) but my Edge ST is in the garage so clean you could eat off.  I do drive it on nice days but like it to stay as clean as possible more so this time of the year (winter in virginia)  the ST fiesta I  can wash in 15 minutes but the Edge takes more time so just will let it sit beside the mustang till weather is nice or at least when there isn't salt and all those stupid little stones or whatever it is they spread all over the road.    I have had the Edge for a while and it only has 2900 miles on it so once something comes out that checks all my boxes someone that wants and Edge ST is going to get a super clean one with very little miles on it :)