Just bought 2015 Ford Edge

jlvlav

My husband and I just bought a Ford Edge Titanium 2015.  I actually wanted an Explorer, but too pricey.  I love it for the most part, lol. It has everything we wanted in it except Apple Car Play, which I now understand will only work with Sync 3 and not the Sync 2 we have.  It was a very stressful experience to buy.  My husband had a stroke 2 years ago, doing well, but he always did the vehicle buying.  I feel like I got taken advantage of in many regard.  But, it is what it is.  This car only had 24,000 mi on it and kept in pristine condition, so happy with that.  We keep our vehicles awhile. Our minivan that finally retired we had for 10 years!

Anyway, I got on this forum in the hopes of learning more about the car since I am quite illiterate in this area.  I used to just get in and drive!  Hubby took care of all the car needs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlvlav said:

My husband and I just bought a Ford Edge Titanium 2015.  I actually wanted an Explorer, but too pricey.  I love it for the most part, lol. It has everything we wanted in it except Apple Car Play, which I now understand will only work with Sync 3 and not the Sync 2 we have.

Congratulations on your new Edge!  You might want to take a look at the Sync forum to learn all about your Sync2 system and any workarounds that will let you use your iPhone as an audio source if nothing else.  Maybe there are some Car Play workarounds.  Here's a link: https://fordsyncforum.com/index.php    Scroll down to the Sync2 section.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome and well wishes for my husband!  He is determined to get back in the game.  He is chomping at the bit to drive again.  Keeps pushing all the buttons in the Edge when we get in because he has watched probably all the youtube videos on this model, lol!

I am interested in the sourced parts for the Sync 3 @TXFRDOwner! (How do we connect?) My difficulty will be what to do if I get them!  Haven't a clue!  Who would I have to get to put in?  Our middle son works as  tech for Apple and said he "probably" could, so that's one possibility.  I will go to the Ford Sync forum that you recommended @Gadgetjq, thank you. @vega I had looked at 4dtech and that is pricey.  But I really don't like the Sync2 and we have been very frustrated by how the navigation works.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jlvlav said:

Who would I have to get to put in?  Our middle son works as  tech for Apple and said he "probably" could, so that's one possibility.

Have your son watch the following video.  It'll walk him through all the steps needed to remove and replace the existing radio.  It's really just a few panels that pop off the center console then some easy to reach bolts and connectors.  He can do it: 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 9:21 AM, onyxbfly said:

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that your husband is doing well.

@vega Ping @TXFRDOwner He can source you a kit that is significantly less than the 4Dtech kit.

@vega & @jlvlav ... are you guys still interested in the Sync3 upgrade ?

I sourced the parts and currently have two packages on hand ready for shipping. 

The packages are as previously described above. You can PM me to discuss further.

Edited by TXFRDOwner
  • Like 1