Late Model Mustang Owners Question

Sage

First, yes I realize this is an Edge forum, but many also have/had a Mustang.  I am considering getting a new Mustang, V8 with the 10 speed automatic.  I have not even sat in a Mustang for over 30 years.  For those who own a late or new Mustang, your opinions would be much appreciated.  

I know a few people who have them and they love them.   I have the 10 speed auto in my truck and it works great.  I think there was some issue with the 5.0L V8 awhile back - you might want to do some research on that.  I don't think it's a deal breaker though.  And if you're not deadset on the V8 you might test drive the 2.3LEB.  The off the line torque is amazing.

4 hours ago, Sage said:

First, yes I realize this is an Edge forum, but many also have/had a Mustang.  I am considering getting a new Mustang, V8 with the 10 speed automatic.  I have not even sat in a Mustang for over 30 years.  For those who own a late or new Mustang, your opinions would be much appreciated.  

The 5.0 in its current iteration is bullet proof as is the 10 speed auto. I have a 2012 that dynoed at 600+ Hp. It's been supercharged since 2014 and hasn't given me any problems.

It's rattle free and feels as solid as the day I drove it out of the showroom. The S550 platform is better than the S197 in almost every aspect except weight. I'd stick with the 5.0 because 4 cylinder turbos sound like 4 cylinder turbos.

My wife's car is the S550 2015 3.7L V6 with around 60K miles on the clock and we enjoy it very much.

Ours is the base model and we have changed the cloth seats to Catzkin leather, no heated seats, and would like the larger screen - we bought ours used, but if we were looking to buy new I'd pay for the higher options.

Edited by 1004ron

1 minute ago, 1004ron said:

My wife's car is the S550 2015 3.7L V6 with around 60K miles on the clock and we enjoy it very much.

Ours is the base model and we have changed the cloth seats to Catzkin leather, no heated seats, and would like the larger screen - we bought ours used, but if we were looking to buy new I'd pay for the higher options.

You're pretty handy. You can do the 4" to 8" SYNC3 conversion if you decide to go that route!  Reach out to @TXFRDOwner and see what he can do for you for a kit. I purchased 3 SYNC 3 conversion kits from him and they work as if they were originally installed in the factory!  Just for reference you can take a look at the link below and see whats involved.

https://www.4dtech.com/15-18-ford-mustang-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3/

16 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

You're pretty handy. You can do the 4" to 8" SYNC3 conversion if you decide to go that route!  Reach out to @TXFRDOwner and see what he can do for you for a kit. I purchased 3 SYNC 3 conversion kits from him and they work as if they were originally installed in the factory!  Just for reference you can take a look at the link below and see whats involved.

https://www.4dtech.com/15-18-ford-mustang-4-to-8-touchscreen-conversion-w-sync-3/

We looked into that option and we decided against spending >$2K for her town car (we would go with the NAV option which adds $500).

1 minute ago, 1004ron said:

We looked into that option and we decided against spending >$2K for her town car (we would go with the NAV option which adds $500).

Definitely don't blame ya!  When I showed my lady the website her first reaction was GTFOH! She said if she wanted it enough she would just get a new car!  Her commute is literally less than 1 mile round trip. Just wasn't a priority. But now that she has it, she loves it. Mind you I purchased it and installed it. If it was her dime and her time it wouldn't happen, and she would be in my ride.......

My SYNC3 kits were 7 and change shipped. Can't speak for him, but I think yours might be in the $900 - $1k area due to the cost of the FCIM.