Sync 3 Updat problem with 2016 Edge

We have tried multiple times to update our 2016 Edge Sync 3 system.  We let it run for 45 minutes and did not update.  Currently at Ver. 2 and will not update further.

Car build date is August 2016.  We are using a 16gb thumb drive, usb 2.  I plan to purchase a usb 3 thumb drive and try again.

Any ideas what else to try here.  I hate that Ford website, terrible performance.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I am back at this Sync 3 update issue here.

I bought a brand new 16gb usb 2 thumb drive.  it's formatted to FAT32.

I checked my current Sync 3 software:  Ver 2.0, Build 16079.  This is my starting point.

Next, do I need to do an incremental update to get all the way up to Ver 3.0?  Or just go for it and update in one jump up to the current version?

Next question, how many files should I expect to see to be loaded into the thumb drive?  I plan to try this update tomorrow during a 3 hour trip.

G.

Here is where I'm a with this today.

Downloaded  JR3T-14G381-AS.ZIP File.

Unzipped into these:  SyncMyRide Folder

autoinstall.lst

DONTINDEX.msa

Moved all of this onto the thumbdrive.

Tomorrow will install into the Edge. Hoping it works this time!

Will report back in a few days.

G.

On 12/29/2019 at 10:04 AM, cleekoguy said:

We have tried multiple times to update our 2016 Edge Sync 3 system.  We let it run for 45 minutes and did not update.  Currently at Ver. 2 and will not update further.

Car build date is August 2016.  We are using a 16gb thumb drive, usb 2.  I plan to purchase a usb 3 thumb drive and try again.

Any ideas what else to try here.  I hate that Ford website, terrible performance.

G.

Try this:

As of today I am giving up on this update for the Sync 3 .  It is still stuck at ver. 2.0 and the system says the last update to it was in 2017.

Over the weekend we traveled for 3 hours with the update running from the USB.  Didn't work.  Two days later we ran it again for 3 hours and it never completed the update.  Giving up by doing it myself.  I have probably spent over 10 hours of my time wasted trying to do this.

What would a dealer charge to do this update and is this update to Ver. 3.0 worthwhile?

G.

2 hours ago, cleekoguy said:

As of today I am giving up on this update for the Sync 3 .  It is still stuck at ver. 2.0 and the system says the last update to it was in 2017.

Over the weekend we traveled for 3 hours with the update running from the USB.  Didn't work.  Two days later we ran it again for 3 hours and it never completed the update.  Giving up by doing it myself.  I have probably spent over 10 hours of my time wasted trying to do this.

What would a dealer charge to do this update and is this update to Ver. 3.0 worthwhile?

G.

Did it say it was updating?  Shouldn't take a dealer more than an hour to update so whatever their hourly labor rate is.