ST sightings in the wild

CTCLUES

I've been in my Edge ST now for a bit over two months and have enjoyed every minute of ownership so far.  It replaced a 2016 BMW X1 and the ST blows it away in almost every aspect except a few fit & finish details (I found a few small paint imperfections and the driver side rear taillight housing gets condensation in it and it squeaks against the rear fender).  But otherwise the engine, performance, comfort, and technology, have all exceeded my expectations!

My other vehicle is a 2006 Volvo S60R.  I find a similarity with the Edge ST in that they are both "wolves in sheep's clothing"... and RARE.  I am a contributor at the S60R swedespeed.com forum and we have a thread for S60R sightings.  It seems silly... but we get all giddy when we see another S60R on the road or even in a parking lot - kinda like a unicorn sighting!  And we occasionally get a "That was me!" reply. LOL

I have yet to see another Edge ST on the road.  Has anyone come across another ST other than at the dealership lot?  

2 hours ago, CTCLUES said:

I've been in my Edge ST now for a bit over two months and have enjoyed every minute of ownership so far.  It replaced a 2016 BMW X1 and the ST blows it away in almost every aspect except a few fit & finish details (I found a few small paint imperfections and the driver side rear taillight housing gets condensation in it and it squeaks against the rear fender).  But otherwise the engine, performance, comfort, and technology, have all exceeded my expectations!

My other vehicle is a 2006 Volvo S60R.  I find a similarity with the Edge ST in that they are both "wolves in sheep's clothing"... and RARE.  I am a contributor at the S60R swedespeed.com forum and we have a thread for S60R sightings.  It seems silly... but we get all giddy when we see another S60R on the road or even in a parking lot - kinda like a unicorn sighting!  And we occasionally get a "That was me!" reply. LOL

I have yet to see another Edge ST on the road.  Has anyone come across another ST other than at the dealership lot?  

You should Sport to this too ? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CTCLUES said:

I love the S60R, it's a rare vehicle and then when Evolve starting making kits they looked even better!

As for ST sightings, I've driven across the country twice since they came out and lived in 3 different states. I have seen one driving in the wild. I've seen more brand new Explorer STs on the road than I have Edge STs and to really put it in perspective, I've seen more Bugatti Veyrons driving on the road than I have STs

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nick Halstead said:

I love the S60R, it's a rare vehicle and then when Evolve starting making kits they looked even better!

As for ST sightings, I've driven across the country twice since they came out and lived in 3 different states. I have seen one driving in the wild. I've seen more brand new Explorer STs on the road than I have Edge STs and to really put it in perspective, I've seen more Bugatti Veyrons driving on the road than I have STs

Here in CT I have seen more STs in the last year than sports. There is a sport I see daily in a parking lot next to my job and an ST at my sons doctors office every day. I saw another ST on my way to the movies on New Year’s Eve and a few others heading towards target. I have only seen 1 explorer ST and it was a preproduction review car loaded with cameras. 

I seen very few Edge ST or Edge Sports anywhere near me.  I see more Raptors to be honest.  I have also seen more Explorer ST's and Explorer Sports.  Which is strange since the dealer I got mine from a year ago had 4 of them on the lot and another dealer close to me had 3.  I have seen 1 Edge Sport and maybe 2 Edge ST's in the last year, and one of those was a Canadian one. 

Edited by jamie1073

5 minutes ago, jamie1073 said:

I seen very few Edge ST or Edge Sports anywhere near me.  I see more Raptors to be honest.  I have also seen more Explorer ST's and Explorer Sports.  Which is strange since the dealer I got mine from a year ago had 4 of them on the lot and another dealer close to me had 3.  I have seen 1 Edge Sport and maybe 2 Edge ST's in the last year, and one of those was a Canadian one. 

Thats funny, I have also seen a ton of raptors. My co-worker even has one. Around here the most common interesting cars are Tesla Model X/S/3, Maserati and Jaguar. I see far more of those than any ST.