New 2019 Ford Edge Titanium Owner

jeffdeq

Hello everyone! Jeff and Dee here in southeast Louisiana. I just purchased my wife this new Edge. It is a very comfortable and well handling vehicle. I just came to this forum and got information for upgrading the horn. Very good and concise video. I am looking forward to reading about many more tips. 

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I also just joined this forum and look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with my 2019 Edge Titanium. I learned about this site when researching the windshield distortion issue. I also notice my BLIS is only a warning lamp in side view mirror but no audible alert. My 2016 Mercedes GLA had the alert feature which saved me several times from pulling into a passing vehicle. I wish the Edge had an audible alert too.

50 minutes ago, Golfhacker_60 said:

I also just joined this forum and look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with my 2019 Edge Titanium. I learned about this site when researching the windshield distortion issue. I also notice my BLIS is only a warning lamp in side view mirror but no audible alert. My 2016 Mercedes GLA had the alert feature which saved me several times from pulling into a passing vehicle. I wish the Edge had an audible alert too.

You should not only check the mirror visually before changing lanes you should still turn your head and glance just to be extra safe.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golfhacker_60 said:

I also notice my BLIS is only a warning lamp in side view mirror but no audible alert.

That omission is actually mentioned quite a bit.  There have been posts on Ford related forums asking if there's a way to connect a small beeper/horn in the cabin to that mirror light but I've never seen a working resolution.  Obviously you'd only want the 'horn' to work when turn signals are activated, not every time that light comes on indicating there's a vehicle beside you and THAT seems to be the rub.    If it makes you feel any better other manufacturers (looking at you Toyota) don't offer a sound effect either  You might have to get a Hyundai/Kia (or Mercedes I guess) to get it.

• 2 weeks later...