I like my 2020 Edge ST but it is lacking in a few areas

Shadow ST

On 6/28/2020 at 9:03 AM, onyxbfly said:

I have a Pixel 2 as well. I use my phone in the cubby with no issues. I'm suffering from the notorious Pixel blues-tooth connectivity issues.  Not overly happy with Pixel QC these days. I'm thinking of going with the OnePlus 7pro

For the price I am pretty happy with the Pixel 3a. I when I found my lost Pixel it had tire track from the tires I had just install on our North golf cart, and the screen was distroyed. The replacement Pixel would not charge, so they sent me the Pixel 2. Lately is was missing calls and slow to dial. After a lot of looking, I bought the Pixel 3a. Chris

Edited by Snoking

1 hour ago, Snoking said:

For the price I am pretty happy with the Pixel 3a. I when I found my lose Pixel it had tire track from the tires I had just install on our North golf cart, and the screen was distroyed. The replacement Pixel would not charge, so they sent me the Pixel 2. Lately is was missing calls and slow to dial. After a lot of looking, I bought the Pixel 3a. Chris

A nice phone for the price but no card slot is a no go for those with an aversion to cloud storage. 64 GB doesn't work for me.

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

I have had mine since August, recommend it highly. My only issue with it is that it doesn't have wireless charging.

Hoping for one for my birthday next month! If not I might just pull the trigger on it! Wireless charging is nice but not a neccesity. I work in the field and I'm rarely at my desk.  But due to covid-19 I do have to physically go in a 2x a week. It would definitely be a bonus!

5 hours ago, Snoking said:

So the new 2020 Edge ST has Sync ver 3.4. The turn by turn instructions show up on the left side on the Nav screen. I find no way to select them on the right hand cluster display.

IMG_20200628_101020.jpg

Here is a youtube that runs through the IDC features on a 2019 edge. FF to  8:20. He states that the turn by turn directions are displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzSJV_4sX4

Edited by onyxbfly

1 hour ago, onyxbfly said:

Hoping for one for my birthday next month! If not I might just pull the trigger on it! Wireless charging is nice but not a necessity. I work in the field and I'm rarely at my desk.  But due to covid-19 I do have to physically go in a 2x a week. It would definitely be a bonus!

Yes, wireless charging isn't necessary but would have been nice especially that I usually charge my phone at night, so would have been a nice "quirk" when placing the phone down at night. The phone's battery life is great and rarely do i have to charge it during the day. Also, if you are serious about it, act fast as the stocks are finishing soon due to the newer models.

Last off-topic post. ?

11 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Here is a youtube that runs through the IDC features on a 2019 edge. FF to  8:20. He states that the turn by turn directions are displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DzSJV_4sX4

I think that is for vehicles with OEM Navigation. Smart phone / google maps does not have a Navigation selelction in the right display, just phone and entertainment. 

2 hours ago, Snoking said:

I think that is for vehicles with OEM Navigation. Smart phone / google maps does not have a Navigation selelction in the right display, just phone and entertainment. 

When you select navigation on the right IDC, do you see a compass? If so the next time you use waze or google maps it will display turn by turn instructions.  Next time I'm out I'll snap a pic.

31 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

When you select navigation on the right IDC, do you see a compass? If so the next time you use waze or google maps it will display turn by turn instructions.  Next time I'm out I'll snap a pic.

There is no Navigation showing up as a selection in the right hand display. Just Phone and Entertainment

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Snoking said:

There is no Navigation showing up as a selection in the right hand display. Just Phone and Entertainment

5 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

I would suggest going to the dealership and show them the Youtube I posted above. It may have been removed my mistake its a simple fix that they can do with IDS.

I think it is because he does not have Navigation in Sync 3. Therefore, the instrument cluster is setup for "Phone" & "Entertainment" only. Don't think any dealer will help in this case. Maybe try to enable the "Navigation" screen in the instrument cluster using ForScan, but don't know if the directions would work since there is no OEM Navigation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omar302 said:

I think it is because he does not have Navigation in Sync 3. Therefore, the instrument cluster is setup for "Phone" & "Entertainment" only. Don't think any dealer will help in this case. Maybe try to enable the "Navigation" screen in the instrument cluster using ForScan, but don't know if the directions would work since there is no OEM Navigation.

That makes total sense. I stand corrected. I always forget that that SYNC is available without navigation. @Snoking Apologies for the confusion.

Thanks guys, it is good to know that I am not crazy! Getting my DW trained on all the features is going to be an on going thing. It is easy to bump the rear wiper button on the wiper control, which is a confusing control to use anyway. Push it forward to wash rear window and pull it back to wash front window. Etc Etc. I lost the lane keeping in the left display and played with settings to no avail until I found the switch on the end of the turn signal stock and got bumped. 

Progress is being made, however we are dealing with insurance companies on Buick and yesterday I took DW back to the ER because on a new pain, turns out she has a cracked rib. 

The DW got t-bone in the front fender and wheel, it was really lucky that it was not in the drivers door, as the injuries would have been a lot worst. The impact spun the car around, if the red light runner had hit the door, the impact would have been greater.

IMG_20200622_110452.jpg

Edited by Snoking

• 8 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 8:16 AM, Snoking said:

DW is not happy with the dash reflection on the windshield. Any suggestions on that. 

Also may order this 

Type (See Application Guide Image): AE003
Hate auto stop feature and the fact that it is on every time you start the car.

Got the Autostop eliminator  today. Took about three minutes to install it on the switch. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 8:43 AM, txaggie said:

Haha, surprised you waited this long!  I had mine installed the first weekend after I took my ST home  :)

Car was stored from September until a 10 days ago.

On edit: I am really happy with the Autostop eliminator! Do not have to even think about the stupid feature anymore.

Edited by Snoking
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 9:38 AM, onyxbfly said:

That makes total sense. I stand corrected. I always forget that that SYNC is available without navigation. @Snoking Apologies for the confusion.

Yes, I had Ford Mondeo with Sync that had no satellite navigation - it was a company car and the company required the supplier to disable it.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 5:34 PM, Shadow ST said:

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and new to being a FORD Edge owner.  I joined your forum because I'm hoping to have a great experience meeting other Edge owners and learning much about this vehicle.  This is the first SUV I've ever had as most of my previous cars have been small to midsize sports cars or those with a heavy emphasis on performance.  Why not, a midsize performance SUV.    Here are my thought on the Ford EDGE ST thus far in my short time of owning broken down in my pros and cons.  Please note, these are my opinions based off other vehicles I've had or driven and may differ based off your own experiences.

Pros: 

- The Performance brake and wheel package make a huge difference in looks

- Twin Turbo AWD,  I've had this combo before and it's always so much fun

- Panoramic Sun Roof is great and brings smiles

- Fully loaded and all the tech you need and don't

Cons:

-The Styling could use some work because it's not aggressive enough.  Ford should have offered a complete blackout option for the ford emblems (front & rear) as well as blacking out the "EDGE" on the tailgate.  I blacked out the "EDGE" emblem myself with Plasti dip and it looks 10X better.  Planning to use headlight/taillight vinyl tint to do the two FORD badges.

- I would like to have seen 275 tires instead of 265.  I'm not sure what the widest tire that can fit but I will being going with a Wheel/tire upgrade in the near future and going for the widest tire.  Would be great to put 275 - 285's.

- Where or the Bilstein shocks, and electronic adjustable suspension?   The Edge ST could have been so much more with a suspension that could have been adjusted for driving conditions

- No Brembo brakes just a regular brake caliper painted red with performance brake pads.  SMH

-Better Sport mode needed.   I would have liked to see multiple driving modes instead of just the regular drive positions and an "S" button.  FORD can you please make the next EDGE ST with   a Normal Mode, Sport, and Sport + (or ST Mode)?  Sport mode feels somewhat clunky and only responsive at times.  Definitely feels like an afterthought from other trims and not a unique feature of the ST

- More power is needed.  335 HP is ok but to make this vehicle really fun, I would suggest at least 365 HP and 415 ft lbs torque

- FWD biased AWD is ok I guess but a RWD biased AWD or a full time AWD would have been wayyyyyyyy better.   

-The exhaust note is absolutely horrendous.  I'm surprised the ST division at FORD released the Edge ST with such a blatant assault on the ears

- Almost no aftermarket support.  I've seen three exhaust systems offered for the 19-20 Edge ST and was wondering why FORD did not create one.  The offer one for almost all their cars/trucks but not the Edge. 

I know there are more cons than pros but I do enjoy the Edge ST, I just feel like FORD could have made this vehicle so much better.    I'm going to try to address the gaps by doing some suspensions upgrades, a Borla exhaust system, and appearance upgrades.   

Please share what you have done with your Edge ST.

Please refer to the ultimate aftermarket parts list on here, plenty of aftermarket parts and support to solve all of the cons you have listed....only object is money ?