anyone here have a 2020 4cyl?

Dudester

I have a 2018 Titanium  with the 6 cyl and went to pick up my daughter a new 2020 but noticed they discontinued the 6cyl in favor of the dual scroll 4 with 30 less hp. I think the 6 runs good as its not my racecar, but it could  benefit from a small turbo at times. Haven't been able to drive a new one yet but the HP drop is a little concerning since this still isnt a light car as say a Fusion. Also noticed for whatever reason , pricing seems to be a little cheaper than it was when I picked up my wife's back in 2018. If I'm not mistaken and I may be, I thought the titanium came with the ceramic interior in 18, but now seems to be either black or ceramic. The titanium's I seen had the same options as the SEL's sitting next to them and looks like the titanium is now just a name badge on the back. These little items threw up some flags and made me reconsider before I pulled the trigger. Anyone have any opinions on the 2.0's?

Hey Dudester,

I have the same 3.5 you do so can't help with the engine choice.  I 'can' tell you there's a big transmission change with Ford moving from the 6-speed in our cars to a new 8-speed beginning in 2019.  That's also when the company dropped the 3.5 in favor of the 2.0 and 2.7L Ecoboost engines.  The 2.0 has a single turbo, the 2.7 (ST) twin turbos.  Some people love the boosted engines, some not so much.  There are differences between SEL and Titanium trims, the most obvious might be the heated/cooled seats.  Here's a screen grab of a '19 brochure showing differences between the SEL and Titanium trims.  You can visit Ford's website and do the whole 'build your car' thing to see all the available interior and exterior colors.
image.thumb.png.889a4eaeb6409aa1cd583bb6c760c8b4.png

Edited by Gadgetjq

39 minutes ago, AntDeek said:

The 3.7/3.5 can pull just as hard off the line as the 2.0T. Just requires more revs. I prefer the V6 power. Wish the 3.5 N/A was still available. 

I disagree and I’ve owned both.  2013 Fusion 2.0eb and a 2016 MKX 3.7L.  Floor both from a stop and it takes awhile for the 3.7l to get going.

I had a 2007 and a 2013...both had the 3.5 and performed great, though they are not hot rods. 

I bought a 2017 with the 2.0, and almost didn’t buy it due to the turbo. But when I drove it I was very impressed. Again, not a race car, but very adequate. We took a trip from Illinois to Texas and I was really impressed. The torque is good...almost no down shifting even in the hills of southern Missouri. 
My boss bought a 2019 F-150 with the 2.7 turbo. I thought he was nuts. But he towed a 6500 pound boat from Illinois to Florida at 80 mph and got 15+ mph. Amazing. 

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Also a load Fusion Titanium like mine is over 4K lbs - same as the edge.

You were comparing the performance of your 3.7 MKX to the 2.0 Fusion, not the Edge.

Here are the real numbers:

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 FWD - 3427 lbs.

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 AWD - 3681 lbs.

2016  Lincoln MKX 3.7 FWD - 4168 lbs.

2016 Lincoln MXX 3.7 AWD - 4387 lbs.