Need help new owner keyless entry/keys

hello I recently just bought a Ford edge 2019 titanium and I do not have the door code and I also only have one key what is my best option for getting the door code and what is my best option for getting a second key since where I bought it from only gave me one should I go to the dealership for the door code I tried to look for the door code using a mirror under the steering wheel but I couldn’t see the code and I know with two keys you can have it show the code so should I go to Ford and have them make a second key or can they even make a second key without the original second key?

Using ForScan you might be be able to get the door code. Or, if you get a working 2nd key, there is a procedure in the Owners Manual to show the code. It is under "Displaying the Factory-Set Code"

To get a 2nd key as you only have 1 key now, you can go to a dealer, the more expensive option. Or for a cheaper options, you can buy it online (e-bay for example) and take it to a locksmith that has the proper equipment to program it for you & get the emergency key cut. Also, ensure who ever does the programming to erase the missing key so it does not work on your car anymore.

15 hours ago, Nick Halstead said:

Door code is up under the dash where your left foot would normally sit. Turn on your video and flash and stick your phone up there and you will see white sticker with black numbers

I tried to look and could not see it and the dealership guy acted like he didn't know what I was talking about its a 2019

When I got home after purchase, I found the factory code card stuffed in one of the pamphlets in the owners folder that has the owners manual, tire info, supplemented info they put in the vehicle.  

The pouch that looks like leather, but is really not?

Edited by Sage

From the service manual:

Factory Keycode Retrieval

The factory keycode for the keyless entry keypad can be retrieved from a label on the BCM, a wallet card in the Owner's Literature, using a diagnostic scan tool, or by using 2 programmed keys.

To retrieve the factory keycode using 2 programmed keys, carry out the following steps within 10 seconds:

• Place the first programmed key in the backup starting location and turn the ignition on.
  • Turn the ignition off and remove the first programmed key.
  • Place the second programmed key in the backup starting location and turn the ignition on.

NOTE: Warning messages display in the message center prior to the keycode being displayed.

The factory keycode displays momentarily in the message center.

I have experience with a 2019 Fusion...the diagnostic tool no longer will read the keypad code....Ford killed that ability on newer models even though the service manual says it can be checked that way.  My guess is that won't work for you either.  As for retrieving it off a sticker on the BCM...For the Fusion the manual says that sticker is on the underneath side of the BCM and the BCM has be be removed for that sticker to be accessed.  Not sure if the 19 Edge will be the same.  Hopefully not so.

I had to get a 2nd key programmed and use the two key method.