NA 3.5 swap! - Taurus Sho engine on 2014 Ford Edge ?

Dukhaykh

1 hour ago, Dukhaykh said:

I am thinking to change my engine soon due to many problems. But I want to know is it possible to drop a Taurus Sho engine on 2014 Ford Edge ? 

Ummm The taurus sho is a twin turbo eco boost. No it is not possible without extreme modification and taking the turbos off is not a good plan either since the engine is designed around them. Most you could do is maybe a 3.0L eco but being as you have a 2014 I'm thinking that would have it's own challenges.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Perblue said:

''No it is not possible without extreme modification'' 

I agree...and I would add that the total cost of all the needed modifications to do such a swap will largely exceed the value of the whole vehicle... so not to burst your bubble but I think it's not worth it, sorry.

Claude.

P.S: Also don't forget that because of all the mods, the value of the vehicle could be much lower if one day you want to sell it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 5:37 PM, akirby said:

Trade it for a 2015 Sport and throw a tune on it.

DW's Buick Rainier AWD 5.3L V8 got totaled on June 20th. The next day we went out looking at a replacement SUV. The last one we drive that day was a 2015 Edge Sport, and there was no turning back. We rejected that one as a Canada import and rust on the brake rotor hubs. On Monday the 22nd we bought a 2020 Edge ST that had been a service department loaner with 1500+ miles on the clock. It was deeply discounted and we love it. 

Edited by Snoking

• 1004ron changed the title to NA 3.5 swap! - Taurus Sho engine on 2014 Ford Edge ?
2 hours ago, Dukhaykh said:

Thank you all for your great advices. 
Hmmm,

What about just installing one of the v6 turbo?! My be a rear mounted one. My main goal is to gain some power around 50hp ?

You can do anything all it takes is money, google Nissan juke-r. You will likely find it cheaper, easier and less frustrating to trade it in on a 15+, however if you don't care about that pick a path and have fun. Alot think we are fools to mod an edge at all. Also post your progress because it likely hasn't been done before and you would want bigger than a v6 turbo i'm betting for a rear mount.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snoking said:

DW's Buick Rainier AWD 5.3L V8 got totaled on June 20th. The next day we went out looking at a replacement SUV. The last one we drive that day was a 2015 Edge Sport, and there was no turning back. We rejected that one as a Canada import and rust on the brake rotor hubs. On Monday the 22nd we bought a 2020 Edge ST that had been a service department loaner with 1500+ miles on the clock. It was deeply discounted and we love it. 

They're all Canada imports. :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...