2011 - 2014 Ford Edge Light Bar

I installed a Baja Designs light bar on a 2011 Ford Edge and man what a difference!  I purchased the baja designs light bar and wiring harness from 4WD.com less than $700 https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/onx6-20-driving-combo-led-light-bar.asp and a foot pedal switch from Amazon for $12.96 Amazon - AC Delco D808.  It is easy to remove the front bumper to install, you will have to trim the back lip of the crash bar, I used a grinder with a cut-off wheel,  so the light bar can adjust elevation.

Foot Switch - snip.JPG

Aux Relay - snip.JPG

Aux Fuse Battery Connection - snip.JPG

Edge Front no lights - snip.JPG

Edge Bar on - Snip.JPG

Street Low Beams - Snip.JPG

Street Light Bar Snip.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1004ron said:

Is it configured to only switch on when the high beams are on?

On my daily commute to work there's a few pickup trucks with those lights that have no consideration for other road users, blinding the oncoming road users.

Yes, but the foot pedal allows me to use the light bar as needed without removing my hand from the steering wheel.  I agree too many people use light bars a running lights which is obnoxious, but a flash of these and they will typically turn their light bars off.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That floorboard switch reminded me of some of my first cars. They had a switch like that to switch on tbe high beams. 

The problem with those switches is the rust out quickly (being exposed to the underside of the body and exposed to road salt/spray, etc.) You may soon regret this type of installation. I'd recommend you consider an inline fuse rated slightly over the draw to protect against shorts (when the switch terminals short due corrosion).

• Like 2

enigma-2; Yes, I had this switch in a 1965 Chevy Impala.  The switch is mounted in the cab and will not be exposed to the elements so corrosion should not an issue. I LOVE IT, took a 6 hour drive last weekend with one leg from 10:00PM - 11:30PM; the lights were flawless, when no traffic was around the lights illuminated the road and sides for a mile allowing me to see deer well in advance. The advantage of turning the on without removing my hands from the steering wheel was a plus.  

• Like 1

I'd be careful to keep rain, snow out of floorwell. Glad to hear the lights work out. I can't go anywhere around here (rural area) without having oncoming traffic. With some of the dark, rainy nights we've had, I don't think any amount of extra lightning would help. (Actually I think headlights act as a deer call.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amazon was selling a bunch of dash switches (rocker style) in their Daily Deals section last I looked.

https://smile.amazon.com/Nilight-Wiring-Harness-Waterproof-Warranty/dp/B074GYNJ85/

https://smile.amazon.com/MICTUNING-MIC-LSW1-Lighted-Rocker-Switch/dp/B00PCRXFJ4/

as examples

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 3:53 AM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

Amazon was selling a bunch of dash switches (rocker style) in their Daily Deals section last I looked.

https://smile.amazon.com/Nilight-Wiring-Harness-Waterproof-Warranty/dp/B074GYNJ85/

https://smile.amazon.com/MICTUNING-MIC-LSW1-Lighted-Rocker-Switch/dp/B00PCRXFJ4/

as examples

How about these?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TDJ6SBW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_9kY4FbSGG5J41

• 1 month later...

I purchased the car for $1800; it was in a front end collision before I purchased, the insurance company completed the work and used non-OEM/COPO bumper, grills, headlights and DRLS.  

After putting in the light bar I upgraded the DRL - daytime running lights with a kit; they are brighter LEDS and intensity increases when the headlights are on; the kit interfaces with the turn signals and flash orange the direction you are turning.  The headlights are sub-par quality and do not put out much light, they are non-HID and I know it is the quality of the reflectors and lens more than anything.  I keep thinking I will search LQK for a set of Ford OEM lens, as low beams are really dim.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/8/2021 at 11:46 PM, dfreeman332 said:

After putting in the light bar I upgraded the DRL - daytime running lights with a kit; they are brighter LEDS and intensity increases when the headlights are on; the kit interfaces with the turn signals and flash orange the direction you are turning.  The headlights are sub-par quality and do not put out much light, they are non-HID and I know it is the quality of the reflectors and lens more than anything.  I keep thinking I will search LQK for a set of Ford OEM lens, as low beams are really dim.  

DFreeman (and all), I'm VERY interested in your above statement regarding the so-called DRLs (a.k.a. signature lights, "fog" lights, vertical lights, and the like).  You say your kit LEDs's "intensity increases when the headlights are on;"

I have read several threads/posts here and my understanding is the other way around: DRLs are full intensity during daytime (when headlights are automatically off), but once the dusk hits and the headlights automatically turn on the DRL bars intensity decreases about 30%.  From what I've read, Ford made that function intentionally to avoid those vertical DRL bars blinding the incoming traffic.

Now, my question, where I need your (and maybe others's) help is because I'm buying a set of true fog lights (low lumen, wide horizontal angle, narrow vertical angle) with the intention to replace those vertical OEM DRLs.  Basically, I want to unplug the vertical DRLs and use that powered connector to power the true fog light horizontal bars I'll be installing.  But, if they will dim when the headlights are on, then the fog light purpose is defeated.

That's why I'll appreciate it if you (and/or anybody else) could please explain how to connect/wire the vertical DRLs to increase (or maintain) luminosity when the headlights are on.  I need to be able to achieve the same result on my fog light bars.

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by Edgingage

• 8 months later...