Is it normal that the 2021 Edge isn't on the Ford website yet? It's Dec 28!

ben senise

i've tried searching for news about any delays or reasons why the 2021 Edge isn't on the Ford website yet. I might just be too old but i remember when cars would be in the showroom by september or so for the next model year. i'm curious to know why next year's edge isn't on the website with only 3 days left in this year.

i've seen the ordering guide but i'd like to look at more information and the configurator.

Anyone have any information or even ideas about this?

My bad, old links. Seen where it was discontinued in Au.

Did find a link published today and it states release in September due to COVID-19. (I wonder if there may be a glut of 2020s that need to be moved)?

Here's the link:

When will the 2021 Ford Edge be available in the market?

As the COVID-19 pandemic has hit the auto industry badly, Ford's plan to release the 2021 Edge in the fall of 2020 seems unlikely. Hence, expect the updated 2021 Ford Edge to be released around September.

https://www.carindigo.com/news/2021-ford-edge-review-trims-prices-towing-capacity-features-and-rivals-comparison

Edited by enigma-2
Revise

2 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

Those links are 6 months old. The Edge is going nowhere before 2023.

Edited by handfiler

Job 1 for the 2021 Edge has always been listed for Jan 25, 2021.   So obviously no dealer has one yet.  The 1st ones will start trickling into dealers in early Feb.  It should be possible to order one by now, ask your dealer.  We went for a 2020 as the incentives are big and the Tesla style screen was a non-starter for my wife.

OK. I talked to my local dealer and they have been told March, 2021. All of the plants have been closed due to COVID-19.

Sales rep did say the were also told March for the F150 and just received one in last week with a couple more dur this week. But nothing on the Edge or Nautilus.

When pushed, she said definitely by March but they are hoping sooner. They talked to their rep last week and he did not have any information when the plant would start shipping.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see if that Sync 4 could be swapped into my 2015 Edge... Most likely not but it would be pretty cool. I'm dumb enough to upgrade my 2015 edge sport for the 2021 based on the Sync 4 and 7 speed trans alone. Those gauges are terrible though. Maybe you could actually swap the all digital Nautilus cluster into it.