ESP Premium Coverage for Heated Mirror

omar302

Asking for opinion.

I have the ESP Premium coverage on a 2015 MKS, the heating function on the driver's side outside mirror is not working and the dealer diagnosis determined that the fault is from the heating element that is part of the mirror glass. ESP Premium (attached) states under "Electrical" the following coverage:

"Power Mirrors (Electrical Only – Not Mirror or Glass Damage or Bulbs)

Dealer declined to fix it under ESP stating that the mirror glass is not covered.

In my opinion, since the fault is electrical and can only be fixed by replacing the mirror glass, which is not broken or damaged, then replacement should be covered. I had raised my concern to our area Ford representative and they sided with the dealer. Do you think they are right?

516069_01_PremiumCARE_6_15.pdf

Edited by omar302

i have had better luck with my aftermarket warranty that way.  had a power steering leak on our Fusion, not covered.  but to replace it, you have to replace the condenser (IIRC).  so i convinced the shop, and they convinced the warranty co.

if you can convince the shop, you can convince Ford.  the shop seems to be the pivot point in such cases.

• Like 1

I am going to have to disagree with others and Ford and say it should be covered.  Its an electrical fault within the mirror glass, not a defect within the construction of the mirror glass functionality (like the mirror isn't reflecting anymore) or customer damage.  If the defroster on the rear window goes bad and isn't repairable, because it's on glass it wouldn't be covered?  I call BS.  It's an electrical issue and should be covered.

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 4