Dual Climate Control

I have a 2018 Ford Edge Sel with dual climate control.  The air starts out blowing extremely hot.  You can feel it from the demister vents.  This may be normal, not sure.

But our 2015 Ford Escape with dual climate control doesn't work this way.  The air cools down and after about 20 minutes is blowing air with no heat from the demister vents but there is heat from the floor vents.  Once again, our 2015 Ford Escape doesn't work this way.  The Ford dealer think it's operating as designed but I don't think so.  Anyone else ever run into this problem ? 

Not sure if this will help or not, but I had a 15 that was doing the same thing. It turned out to be a battery that needed to replace in the vehicle. If your battery is getting up there or maybe two or three years old, depending on where you live it could be that. Just a suggestion

I started at a setting of 70.  When it started blowing cool air I bumped the temp up a couple of degrees.  It blew warm air but eventually went cool again.  I had to bump up the temp a couple more degrees to retain heat.  It only seems to happen with the defroster/demister vents.  I NEVER have to touch the setting on our Escape.  

Sounds normal to me.  Remember that with auto temperature control the temperature setting is like a thermostat, it tries to get the car to the setting, it's not directly controlling the temperature of the air coming out.  Ford sets the "nominal" setting at 72 degrees.  That's where it figures the average person will be comfortable.  So if you set it below 72 degrees, it's going to tend to bias towards blowing colder air and above 72 degrees it's going to bias towards blowing warmer air.  Your 2015 Escape should work the same way, but maybe there's something just different enough in the way air flows in the cabin that you don't notice.