Body sway

I put a performance chip on my 2014 Ford edge, to where now it will exceed the factory speed limiter. I put on a wider set a tires that are Z rated, and now at higher speeds of 90+ I get a lot of body sway. I put new swaybar in links on all the way around, all the front components are tight, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so,Has anybody put on a steering stabilizer?

• 4 months later...

I'd also be curious if there were ever any worthwhile suspension products made for a 2.0 Edge. Stiffer sway bars and endlinks would go a long way in aiding these issues. Alas, no one makes anything for these vehicles do they? I mean I saw some slightly-nicer-than-OEM shocks from Bilstein. and then some H&R lowering springs. but that's about it??

4 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

look up dealer catalogs to see what part goes across different powertrains/drive configurations.  you might get lucky.  addco has been a popular custom mfr of swaybars on this platform.  you could call them up.

Thanks for the reply! Can you please elaborate on your suggestion? I just want to make sure I understand. Are you saying look up OEM parts catalog for say, my 2019 Edge 2.0 and find the part numbers for the sway bars & end-links (OE) and that will somehow allow me to find aftermarket suspension products that fit? Like, are you saying grab the part number for the sway bar, let's say, then just search that sway bar only and see what other vehicles it has been used on, and then go look up manufacturers like ADDCO etc and search by that cross referenced make/model/year vehicle and see if they offer any products that will fit? Like, let's say I search the sway bar part number and find that it also was used/fits on like a 2018 Ford Fusion or Escape (idk), and then I search ADDCO's site for a sway bar for a 2018 Ford Fusion and it brings something up, then I could pull the trigger purchasing that product knowing there's a 90%+ chance it will fit our application?

Thanks!

PS: ADDCO is good, used their larger thicker sway bars when I supercharged my 5.9l Jeep GC years ago. Also lowered it with H&R springs for better handling w/ Bilstein shocks. Both of which seem to be the only suspension option(s) for our Ford Edges ATM.

• Like 1

you can look up parts that fit your specific configuration, and then check to see if they fit any other configuration.  like does an ST part fit the 2.0 also. if so, you have cross-fitment and can look to see if there are aftermarket parts that fit the ST. 

the aftermarket is still poor, but on this forum, many custom items have been developed for the 2015-2018 sport.  if the ST item also fits the 2015-2018 sport along with the 2.0, that will make your quest much easier. the dealer catalogs will show you crossfitments.  always anticipate some minor fitment issues tho, not insurmountable, but the way it goes with custom stuff.

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/

P.S.: be SURE the part fits the Edge/MKX/Nautilus ... do not assume a Fusion/MKZ part will fit this platform.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

Rereading the posts, you mentioned you put on tires not recommended (wider than specified).

I wonder if the Roll Stability Control which is incorporated in the AdvanceTrac may sense an inbalance (due to the new tires) and is trying to compensate. 

Did you notice the roll with the old tires?

• Like 1