Deactivate fake engine noise?

Hey everyone,

I think the speaker that does the fake engine noise is blown (tho idk) already.

When I put the car into "S" mode there is a constant whooshing noise coming from what sounds like the left A-pillar. Turn off "S" mode and it goes away. I guess it could be the intentional sound but I have no idea what noise they possibly could have been trying to imitate lol. The noise happens when the car is stopped idling at a light as well as one the move. I'm sure if I bring it to the dealer for this issue they'll say they can't replicate it, is there a way I can deactive the fake engine noise?

4 hours ago, niceonept said:

It could be. Would it make sense to only be audible when in sport mode? 

Ford's “Active Noise Control” opens up in Sport mode to allow more engine noise into the cabin, which not only helps put drivers in the mood for spirited driving, but provides an audible cue for engine speed so that drivers know roughly where they are in the RPM range.Apr 9, 2018

It's a highly sought after value enhancement (cough). No known way to defeat it.

• Haha 1

If you think you have a blown speaker, I suggest you get the speaker fixed rather than disable the ANC system. The system has no extra speakers and uses the regular door speakers.

4 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

No known way to defeat it.

Not true. There are actually several ways to "defeat it". You can de-pin the wires for it from the DSP, you can program it off with IDS (or FORScan of course), or in vehicles that have the full ANC system with noise cancellation, you can disconnect one or all of the microphones to create a fault in the system.

• Like 1

I have a posting from a year or so ago(2019?)that I was able to get it turned off.  I worked with a Ford service advisor for a couple of weeks as he kept on Ford engineers with how to do that.   Basically, two setting boxes were unchecked and that worked just fine,  You should be able to find that using the search function under my handle.  In my case, I was charged $90.00 to have it done.  For me, was worth every dollar.

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 9:50 PM, DaMiFo said:

Not true. There are actually several ways to "defeat it".

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant any "easy" way to defeat, i.e. a setting in the info panel, etc. Tearing into the car and removing equipment or changing setting in the computer's software are usually things most owners would never think of doing. I remember reading a post from a fellow in the 150 forum who pulled the microphones in his truck. Lot more work than meets the eye. (Also voids the warranty on the audio electronics if that's a consideration).

The way Sage went was best, can be reversed if desired. Finding the correct settings is the real problem. I've played with FORScan and still get confused inside the BCM.