Cold Air Intake Edge ST & Sport 2.7EB

Xtra

The black RTV is super messy ( I think I said that before ) anyway, this is the final attached patch after using the heat gun, RTV, and rivets to secure it in place. Sealed air tight and ready to be covered by nice shiny heat shield. If all goes well It could be finished and installed by tomorrow evening. 

IMG_8559.JPG

The blue painters tape is there to protect the finish from scratches while working on it. 

IMG_8561.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 4

It is so close to being done I am actually excited, I can't wait to test it out. My car is not running good right now, it started missing under WOT and high boost. I am going to change the plugs and check for pressure leaks in the turbo system, then go from there. Once it is running good again I will take it back to the dyno and get some new numbers.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just finished insulating the bottom half. There are a lot of curves and corners to wrap. It took three 2ft X 1ft sheets to cover the bottom half and the snorkel with the Thermo-Tec material. It is said to reflect 90% of the heat. So it should help with intake temps.... I hope.  

IMG_8568.JPG

In this photo you can see that one foot is uncovered and one is covered. I did this to see what works better. 

IMG_8563.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

yes it would or rather it would make it consistent. even with insulation from Home Depot ? been done and proven on the SHO over at ecoboostperformanceforum.com.

Thanks for answering my question. It just seems  like an easy mod to do that could show some real results. Welcome back you’ve been gone a little while.

• Like 1

computer crashed bigtime.  haven't built one since 2014, so it took a while to regain my footing. still on windows 7 lol, will be migrating to 10 soon. the wife's office was giving away some machines, and am real happy we nabbed some!  lot of custom configuration, but it is up and running and working beautifully.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

computer crashed bigtime.  haven't built one since 2014, so it took a while to regain my footing. still on windows 7 lol, will be migrating to 10 soon. the wife's office was giving away some machines, and am real happy we nabbed some!  lot of custom configuration, but it is up and running and working beautifully.

You're right on time for Win11!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The V3 is finished and installed. Tomorrow I take a 300 mile test drive. The family decided to tag along so it better not give any problems considering there will be my 2 grand kids, their mom, and my wife in the car. Any fails and I will be sleeping on the couch. LOL

Anyway here are the photos of the V3 installed with the custom bottom half. I still need to develop the Adaptor plate, but for now it is time to test. Oh! and the car is now running great, it was the spark plugs causing the problem.  Some of the plugs gap had opened considerably causing a misfire under boost conditions. They were gapped at .029 when installed and they opened up to almost ,040 that allowed the boost to blow out the spark like birthday candles. 

IMG_8605.JPG

Fits like a glove  :)

IMG_8601.JPG

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is hard to say how much of that 2 mpg is from the V3 and how much is from the fresh plugs. The first time I did the drive there was only two people in the car and the car was running fine. I wish that I could have just tested the V3 alone, but the plugs had to be done. 

The V3 has been working well and has not moved or made any rattling noises or vibration . Nothing has come loose or any interfere problems found. I would give it a thumbs up as it is working as designed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

I’m in the same boat you are haha, had a MacBook Pro from 2015 and it up and died on me so now I’m typing on an iPad lol.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CM '17 Edge Sport said:

I’m in the same boat you are haha, had a MacBook Pro from 2015 and it up and died on me so now I’m typing on an iPad lol.

probably just as powerful if not more than the ole pro lol.  hopefully you did not lose any data.

15 hours ago, Xtra said:

Just completed the first half of the test drive. The car rans great even with 5 on board and the AC on. Managed 2 more MPG than the last time I did this same drive. 

time to start building up my parts bin for a near future gen 2 sport purchase :)

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 3

Trying to put together a batch of V3s . I will announce if and when it happens. I am awaiting approval on some parts. The thicker Adaptor plate and patches are being molded this week, and will give updates when they are done.  

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

Oh Snap !!!!!    :happyfeet:  I just scored 5 lids and gaskets. ...... Several people have already stated their interest and they will get first shot at a V3. Because I do not know if I will be able to get any more lids, I am limiting it to 5 orders at this time. If you have ordered a V2 from me in the past, that increases your chance at a V3.  I know that they will go quick and I do not even  have a price yet.  The Heat Shield and Reducer Elbows alone cost around $300. So now I have to do number crunching to get a real price that is fair for all.  I would also like to get the adaptor working as It might be the better way to go. And I won't know that until I can test one. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Xtra said:

Oh Snap !!!!!    :happyfeet:  I just scored 5 lids and gaskets. ...... Several people have already stated their interest and they will get first shot at a V3. Because I do not know if I will be able to get any more lids, I am limiting it to 5 orders at this time. If you have ordered a V2 from me in the past, that increases your chance at a V3.  I know that they will go quick and I do not even  have a price yet.  The Heat Shield and Reducer Elbows alone cost around $300. So now I have to do number crunching to get a real price that is fair for all.  I would also like to get the adaptor working as It might be the better way to go. And I won't know that until I can test one. 

Awwww yeah gurl, you know what I want.

Calling in them dibs, pm me a price big daddy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1