Cruise Control Speed Increments, possible to change?

in my '09 and '16 edges, the cruise control + and - changed the speed by 2 KPH. Now my new '20 changes the speed by 1 KPH so to speed up or slow down 10 KPH i have to press the buttons on the steering wheel 10 times whereas before it was only 5. for the metrically challenged among us, that means that to change approx 6 MPH, it takes 10 clicks. a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.

anyone know if it's possible to modify this increment? i have forescan and the adapter thingy.

thanks

I remember reading the same question but there wasn't a solution. My 2011 used to do 2 Km/h increments while my 2016 does 5 Km/h increments. I actually would prefer 1 Km/h increments so I'd get the exact set speed I want. The 2016 actual does the increments in 2 stages, the push rounds the set speed to next 5 Km/h and then next push(s) would add 5 Km/h.

You can press and hold the +/- buttons to increase/decrease the speed more than the push increments.

9 hours ago, omar302 said:

I remember reading the same question but there wasn't a solution. My 2011 used to do 2 Km/h increments while my 2016 does 5 Km/h increments. I actually would prefer 1 Km/h increments so I'd get the exact set speed I want. The 2016 actual does the increments in 2 stages, the push rounds the set speed to next 5 Km/h and then next push(s) would add 5 Km/h.

You can press and hold the +/- buttons to increase/decrease the speed more than the push increments.

let's keep this simple; let's just trade cars. ?

last night after i posted this i was wondering if i could push and hold. i'll check that out. only problem is that you have to take your eyes off the road to do it.

thanks omar302.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, todd92 said:

2020 changes 1 MPH per tap, 5 MPH increments if you press and hold.  Much better.

i believe the cars set to MPH have always changed in one MPH increments. the problem is that 1 MPH = 1.6 KPH. changing speed by 6 MPH would require 6 clicks whereas it that equals 10 KPH and thus 10 clicks.

1 hour ago, todd92 said:

You must have missed the part about press and hold.

and you must have  missed the third post in this thread.

pressing and holding still requires the driver to take their eyes off of the road and look at something else which is in my opinion an inferior solution and a distraction that i prefer to avoid.

in any case, the point of this thread was to inquire as to whether or not it is possible to change the increments for each press of the + and - buttons, not to debate the merits or faults of other methods.

thought i'd post this just for the record.

i was trying different things with the + and - buttons and found that it behaves much differently than i had anticipated. perhaps it will also clear up any potential misunderstanding about how to do what people suggested.

a press that is very slightly longer than a quick tap raises the speed to the next even 10 kph. i don't mean a long press as in seconds, just a tap that you hold on to for maybe half-a-second? hope this makes sense.

so if i'm doing 52, the longer tap takes it to 60. if i'm doing 57 it does the same thing; bumps it to 60. then if you hold on, it will further raise the speed by 10 kph so 70, 80, 90, etc.

I assumed that the press and hold would raise the speed in 1 kph increments and that it would be difficult to lift off the button at exactly 60 for example. then i'd have to look at the speed setting and further adjust. it seemed like an awkward way to do it.

anyway, this is good enough for me so i consider the case to be closed ?

Edited by ben senise
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 9:48 PM, ben senise said:

i was trying different things with the + and - buttons and found that it behaves much differently than i had anticipated. perhaps it will also clear up any potential misunderstanding about how to do what people suggested.

Why do I picture a Ford Engineer sitting in front of his computer reading this going, heh, heh, heh. 

• Like 1