2015 Sport HID replacement?

So I bought new D3S replacements and noticed my 2015 sports Headlamps are different then what I have seen off the web... Starters no ballast under the headlamp 2nd the wire to the bulb is a different connector and to top it all off there is no plastic collar to unlatch the bulb just a metal one?

20210601_230721.jpg

Sorry if the photos are not the best, service manuals really don't help never been beat by a bulb before LOL... Not even sure what my next step would be housing and all even says D3S , can the headlamp housing be taken apart or is it glued.. I see 1 torx and like 7 clips 

yeah those are halogen fittings.  HID was optional tho on the Sport, as part of the Equipment Group 401A – Technology Package

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3Rmp0PrPfGFN898FZZuGBiob8UuZvOr/view?usp=sharing

This is a typical D3S connection

https://www.hidconcept.com/products/mitsubishi-d3s-d3r-connector-pack-of-2

D3S connection.jpg

D3S connection 2.jpg

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

In addition to what Omar and WWWPerf mentioned above. Assuming that you are not the original owner.  If you think/ believe that your edge was originally equipped with HID, I would suggest going to a dealership and having them run the VIN and ask them to print you a build sheet.  That would be the final word on whether or not you have factory HIDs.

Your build sheet will be beneficial because it will tell you what options and features your particular model came equipped from the factory.  Or you can go to the parts department (or call) and ask for a replacement HID bulb.  Hopefully the counter clerk is serious about their job, and will ask for your VIN to double check......

Most owners want to upgrade from halogen to Hid.   I can't imagine the original owner wanting to downgrade factory HID to halogens.

Edited by onyxbfly
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, onyxbfly said:

In addition to what Omar and WWWPerf mentioned above. Assuming that you are not the original owner.  If you think/ believe that your edge was originally equipped with HID, I would suggest going to a dealership and having them run the VIN and ask them to print you a build sheet.  That would be the final word on whether or not you have factory HIDs.

Your build sheet will be beneficial because it will tell you what options and features your particular model came equipped from the factory.  Or you can go to the parts department (or call) and ask for a replacement HID bulb. 

Also, in addition or perhaps in lieu of the above, if you'd rather not visit a dealership, @hyperc32, or anyone else for the matter, check my previous post... you should be able to get a hold of your original window sticker to determine what options your Edge was equipped with from the factory.  HTH!

• Like 1