Sync 3 and listening to text messages

I had a Mustang GT, with Sync 3. When I would receive a text message, I could press the listen button to listen to the message. Once the message finished playing, the window would go away on the display.

With the 2020 Ford EDGE ST, that does not seem to be the case. Despite listening to the message, the notification remains on the Sync 3 display. Then I have to close it, by clicking close. 
Does this happen to you, too?

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

Both of my sync 3 vehicles work just like your Mustang.  It goes away within a few seconds.  Try doing a soft reboot ( hold power and next track buttons simultaneously).

I actually did this, but, it was when I was trying to resolve an issue of the GPS not 'connecting' after the car was in an underground car park.

However, I will try this again later today. Thanks 

I think it depends on whether you initiate the text screen or the system initiates it.

When I'm listening to the Sirius and get a text message, it switches to the message screen. After it finishes it switches back to the previous screen.

If I switch to the message screen, it stays on until I switch it to another function like CNN or whatever.

5 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I think it depends on whether you initiate the text screen or the system initiates it.

When I'm listening to the Sirius and get a text message, it switches to the message screen. After it finishes it switches back to the previous screen.

If I switch to the message screen, it stays on until I switch it to another function like CNN or whatever.

When I’m listening to Sirius the text window just pops up then goes away.  It doesn’t change to a different screen.

In my case, I am often listening to Sirius XM. Then, I receive a text message and click the 'hear' button.

It will play the message, and then the screen remains with the options of 'hear', 'close', etcetera. I will continue driving, yet that screen never goes away till I click 'close'.

Most annoying... 

PS: From memory, I believe it I do NOT even 'hear' the message, the screen does not go away. 

23 hours ago, circatee said:

This is the screen and it never goes back to the normal Sync 3 screen. 

5AFD4E68-3F16-487A-8FCA-2BB2EF9A96EE.jpeg

That is how our 2020 works also, does not go away until close is tapped.  Most other replies were for older models.

Edited by dajo2012
  • Thanks 1