Power Locks not completely working

So when you hit lock button on your FOB  twice, just the back doors lock, is that right?

Couple of thoughts 

(Before you do this, have your key FOB in your hand.)

Press 7/8 & 9/0 on the door key code strip at the same time. Do all doors lock? (All doors shut, key not in ignition). Unlocking requires you enter your 5-digit code and hit 3/4 button.

When you press your lock button on the FOB remote, do the turn signals flash? When you press the unlock button does the puddle lamps come on and drivers door unlock.

Try locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key. When unlocking the drivers door (with a key) triggers a reset. Then try all the ways to lock and unlock the doors again. 

Do the front doors lock while sitting in drivers seat and using the lock buttons on the door inner panel?

Does autolock automatically lock all doors when you start to drive fwd and hit 10 mph? (Think its 10, maybe 15 or 20, but all doors should lock).

Edited by enigma-2

I have a basic key for my car. I'm saving to buy the type of key it should really have? So there is no fob. I have to stick the key into the door to manually unlock the driver's door. The same key is used to start the car. When I'm sitting inside the car and press the power lock buttons on the door itself, nothing happens with the "passenger/driver" doors. No sound. Nothing. But it does lock and unlock the liftgate/trunk door. When we get out of the car, I have to manually lock (push down) all unlocked doors. 98% of the time, I forget about the liftgate/trunk door, and it remains unlocked. When get back into the car, I have to roll down the back windows so my kids (or myself) can manually unlock (pull up) the locks. For the front passenger door, I just lean over and open the door like normal and it unlocks itself. Also, my liftgate is manual. It is not a power liftgate.

Edited by LM1989
additional info

7 hours ago, akirby said:

Pull twice on the rear door ha does and they will unlock themselves.

If I remember correctly, Pre-2015 (Gen 1 & 1.5) Edges, the rear doors do not open like that, they have to be unlocked either by the power unlock or by raising the lock "knob" by hand. Front door locks open simply by pulling the door handle.

The "Pull twice" for the rear doors is applicable on Gen 2 Edge (2015+) & MKX (2016+)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omar302 said:

If I remember correctly, Pre-2015 (Gen 1 & 1.5) Edges, the rear doors do not open like that, they have to be unlocked either by the power unlock or by raising the lock "knob" by hand. Front door locks open simply by pulling the door handle.

The "Pull twice" for the rear doors is applicable on Gen 2 Edge (2015+) & MKX (2016+)

That’s possible but I thought our first Gen Fusion and Edge worked that way.  Maybe not.

Thanks for follow-up on the problem this clarified a lot of questions. 

I'd suggest to check fuse #20 in the SJB (fuse box) in the cabin (behind panel near drivers feet). Perhaps switch with another known good 20 amp fuse to be certain. 

The switches on the door send a signal directly to the SJB which signals door(s) lock or unlock.

Also, I *think* the doors must be locked electronically before the tailgate can be locked. That may explain why its not locking. Also I *don't  think* that your car can be operated with a FOB as it was not equipped with it originally. 

Do you have a keypad on the exterior drivers door?

• 5 months later...