Windshield NOT acoustic Glass ?

2020 Edge Titanium.  Marketing materials say that the Edge comes with acoustic glass windshield.  The Titanium adds the same to the front door glass.  Now the label on the front doors says right on it, accusing glass and Soundshield.   The windshield has no such labeling.

Is it indeed the case that the windshield is not acoustic glass?

I've attached the portion of the car's brochure showing that is says it has it (highlighted)

Brochure (dragged).pdf

On 8/3/2021 at 11:52 AM, omar302 said:

As per the 2020 Edge Order Guide, the acoustic windshield is standard equipment.

Seems the 2020 windshield is made by AGC Automotive, while the previous models were from Carlex and the "Soundscreen" branding is apparently part of Carlex.

AGC Automotive also makes acoustic glass as per their website.

Well, what's interesting is that the side windows are also made by AGC and yet they are labeled "Carlite" and "Acoustic SoundScreen". (see photo)

IMG_9026.JPG

Edited by DNBush
  • Like 1

Seems that Carlex & Carlite used to be different companies, both related to Ford, but eventually Carlex purchased Carlite. 

Found an article in this AGRR Magazine about it. Too complicated and I don't know what that means to this issue, but if your vehicle never had a windshield replaced before, then it has to be acoustic glass as it is a standard equipment on the Edge, regardless of what is written on the glass.

On another note, the side glass might be "branded" as acoustic because it is not standard equipment, hence the differentiation. What puzzles me more is that the 2021 Edge does not show acoustic glass anymore in the Order Guide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omar302 said:

Seems that Carlex & Carlite used to be different companies, both related to Ford, but eventually Carlex purchased Carlite. 

Found an article in this AGRR Magazine about it. Too complicated and I don't know what that means to this issue, but if your vehicle never had a windshield replaced before, then it has to be acoustic glass as it is a standard equipment on the Edge, regardless of what is written on the glass.

On another note, the side glass might be "branded" as acoustic because it is not standard equipment, hence the differentiation. What puzzles me more is that the 2021 Edge does not show acoustic glass anymore in the Order Guide.

Well, on the 2021 it seems clear to me.  People who appreciate acoustic glass are those that like driving with the least amount of distractions.  The 2021 clearly isn't for those folks.  They put a large screen in it so those that love distractions will be happy.   Acoustic glass wouldn't be appreciated.

Edited by DNBush