WHAT the hey!!! Bluetooth issue with portable CD player

2020 Titanium Edge...most all the bells and whistles...but no CD player and I don't travel enough to warrant keeping the Sirius subscription active.

Now call me antiquated...I've seen the demise of 8-tracks, cassettes, vinyl, etc. in my lifetime. I don't use my phone or a thumbdrive for music.

Because there's no CD player in the Edge, I bought an inexpensive portable CD player with bluetooth for road trips, etc. Problem is, I can't get it to pair through Sync. Usually when pairing a device in Sync (like a phone, etc.), it gives you a numeric code which you accept and then things are paired. Not an option with this portable CD player...Sync will scan while the player is in Bluetooth seek mode but when I select the only thing that comes up in Sync, the screen says it's not compatible with Sync.

Any ideas how I can make this work, if at all? It pairs fine with a JBL portable speaker...

Edited by Bendmac

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

why bother with a bluetooth connection, just use a audio cable from the CD headphone jack to the aux input port on the vehicle.

or, as much as you don't want to do the thumb drive option, it is the easiest and most stable way to deliver audio to the system..

If Bendmac's 2020 Edge is anything like my 2018 ST-Line it wont have a 3.5mm aux input socket - just two USB connectors.

44 minutes ago, niceonept said:

If Bendmac's 2020 Edge is anything like my 2018 ST-Line it wont have a 3.5mm aux input socket - just two USB connectors.

Thats ridiculous if they deleted the line in port. 

FWIW, mine is in my center console if I recall correctly, not the one under the radio etc.. but i could be wrong 

I just finished reading on another Ford forum where a guy stated he tried several cd players without success. 

He finally got thi$ one to work:

According to compatibility chart, works with Ford Edge Sync 3 through 3.4.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DHXY5X3/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_1KZSKQMQP80X0ZEEK0FA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Why keep something that’s only used by a few people?  That’s why they got rid of the CD player.  It’s too easy to use a usb drive or a phone.

because alienating any part of your market demographic is a stupid business practice,

especially when we are talking about removing an existing feature versus development of a new feature.

I agree that USB thumb drives or bluetooth connection to a phone or other audio source is quite easy, but for technophobes, it is not so easy,

and there are perfectly reasonable arguments against using either USB or Bluetooth. Security being the foremost among them.

• Like 1