Ford edge st rear differential clunk

kodey116

Ironically my brother and I were just talking about this. He said he gets a clunk from a standing start and on turns. Of course I never heard it while I was driving. I'll send him this video so he knows exactly what to look for when he gets her on the lift.

The RDU is part of the drive train and that should be covered after the 3yr/36000 warranty expires?

Thanks in adavnce!

34 minutes ago, onyxbfly said:

Ironically my brother and I were just talking about this. He said he gets a clunk from a standing start and on turns. Of course I never heard it while I was driving. I'll send him this video so he knows exactly what to look for when he gets her on the lift.

The RDU is part of the drive train and that should be covered after the 3yr/36000 warranty expires?

Thanks in adavnce!

Yup should be. Mine was covered still and my extended warranty also would cover it. 

12 hours ago, onyxbfly said:

Thanks in adavnce!

So my car is a cpo blue , and ford extended warranty so I’m covered till 140k . My local dealer is ridiculous , they told me I have to pay a diag fee or a warranty deductible (this one I understand but being in warranty I’ve never paid a diag fee , and honestly it’s a terrible experience every time they treat me as if I’m stupid ( father id a 35 year tech I work in automotive selling German specialty parts ) 

1 hour ago, kodey116 said:

So my car is a cpo blue , and ford extended warranty so I’m covered till 140k . My local dealer is ridiculous , they told me I have to pay a diag fee or a warranty deductible (this one I understand but being in warranty I’ve never paid a diag fee , and honestly it’s a terrible experience every time they treat me as if I’m stupid ( father id a 35 year tech I work in automotive selling German specialty parts ) 

This is pretty standard with extended warranties unless you paid for a 0 deductible, which isn't always an option depending on milage. Either you pay the deductible if the problem is covered under the warranty, none wear and tear items, and it starts the claim or you end up paying the diag fee if it is wear and tear items not covered by the warranty. I'm sure they were just making sure you were aware that it isn't totally free no matter what. Granted I have been looked at like that too since I bought my 2019, but I'm giving your dealership the benefit of the doubt.