2016 sport 2.7L coolant leak

thesixcar

113000 miles

where is it going? pressure test will not hold but i cannot find the leak. no coolant in oil and no white smoke; i see the results of leaking in driveway. any areas where i should focus my investigation?

i searched for hours in this forum but nothing similar.

thanks in advance

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Did you happen to figure the leak issue?

My coolant level seemed to recently decrease, yesterday was the first time I saw coolant on the ground. Turned out to be a leak from the connection between the heater hose and the lower radiator hose. The plastic connection that is under the two hoses going from the Air filter box to the intake.

The connecter is plastic, and there is a white "filling" or supposedly some kind of sealer, but apparently it is now hard and does not seal.

Parts list don't show a replacement except for the complete heater hose. Replacing it is expensive and seems to be a bit more involved.

Perhaps @Haz , can you please help with the removal and replacement of the heater hose? Mine is with the Hot Market cooling system, don't know if the procedure is different, bug I know the hose is different. P/N is F2GZ-8B081-F.

Screenshot_2024-02-24-14-48-10-33_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Screenshot_2024-02-24-14-46-59-70_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e7.jpg

Edited by omar302