Replaced brake pads and rear rotors and worse than before

I’m the 1st and only owner of 2018 Edge purchased in 2019 and decided it was time to get new brakes. I went to a local chain to get this done and while changing brakes, I was told I needed to replace my rear rotors, which they did. Now, when I’m backing out of my driveway in the morning, my brakes squeak! Another thing I’ve noticed is when I accelerate, my car doesn’t want to go like it did before! When I get to about 35 mph, it feels like I’m braking..what’s going on? I will definitely be taking it back to let them know these issues but before I do, I wanted to get more info so I have some sort of knowledge when telling tech.

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, ewaters said:

I’m the 1st and only owner of 2018 Edge purchased in 2019 and decided it was time to get new brakes. I went to a local chain to get this done and while changing brakes, I was told I needed to replace my rear rotors, which they did. Now, when I’m backing out of my driveway in the morning, my brakes squeak! Another thing I’ve noticed is when I accelerate, my car doesn’t want to go like it did before! When I get to about 35 mph, it feels like I’m braking..what’s going on? I will definitely be taking it back to let them know these issues but before I do, I wanted to get more info so I have some sort of knowledge when telling tech.

Thank you in advance!

sounds like your calipers could be hanging up, as if, perhaps they did not use the proper procedure to retract the rear pistons with the electric park brake using a scan tool?

hard to really say from minimal information.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 8:15 PM, Cerberus said:

sounds like your calipers could be hanging up, as if, perhaps they did not use the proper procedure to retract the rear pistons with the electric park brake using a scan tool?

hard to really say from minimal information.

So I took my car back to the mechanic and was told I now need to replace my front rotors AND calipers..instead of fixing the problem, I left with another problem. I mentioned that the calipers could be hanging up and that’s when they told me I needed new calipers. I contacted corporate and they were very apologetic and stated if I were to bring my car back then “they will fix the issues” not sure if I trust these mechanics now..

8 hours ago, ewaters said:

not sure if I trust these mechanics now..

As a mechanic, I think you have good reason to be skeptical of anyone who lays hands on your vehicle until they prove themselves competent, either through your own experiences or referrals & reviews.

There are some talented people in the business but there are a lot of hacks too.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...