number pad on door - can it be added?

• 1004ron changed the title to number pad on door - can it be added?

Ford has some, depending on what year you have and remote start or not (I assume a 2023), like

https://accessories.ford.com/products/keyless-entry-keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start-2

They are pretty fugly, depending on the color of the vehicle (light or dark) I would have a hard time putting this in a visible place. Depending on your environment, many people installed them in the wheel wells or other hidden places.

I don't know if the hidden in the B pillar trim type can be retrofitted or not, probably not easily.

• 4 weeks later...

So had a 2020 ST but had transmission problems and after 2 new transmissions i ended up getting a 2023 with the updated transmission. Turns out for late 2022 and all 2023 STs you lose central locking system, front and rear camera washers and keyless entry pad which was all standard on previous years. I actually work at the dealership in parts and im in the process of figuring out if its possible to add these features back. I may have figured out the keyless entry pad and all you need for hardware is the keyless entry pad and a interior door harness from a 2019-2021 but it may have to activated by Forscan because i can't see anything on our ids scanner from ford but i will find out and get back. Im trying the washers too but that merely ordering parts and then seeing if they can be installed.

20220826_165240.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to go off your primary topic, but what were the problems with the transmissions that Ford replaced?   I have a 2019 ST that I bought new.  It is impossible to shift through the gears in an acceptable manner in Sport mode with the paddle shifters.  Ford ignored me for about a year and I finally gave up.  Thanks  

• 1 month later...

Just had the Ford keypad linked above, Part No: KB3Z14A626B, installed on my 2023 Edge SEL at my local dealer.  Keypad $120, programming $275, total $400.  Programming price seems high, but I'm in San Francisco area, so your price may be lower.

I tried ordering online through the link.  When I input my VIN the website said "This part won't work in your car".  But the specs said it would work on 2023 Edge with remote start option, which I did have on my SEL.  Plus I remembered that the last time I ordered on the website and bought the cheap "Installation", the local dealer refused to install it.  Plus the website would not let me select any dealer within 100 miles.  So I went to the closest dealer that had the part in stock.  

FYI pressing 79 on the keypad allows you to lock the car with the key fob inside but not in a Faraday pouch or wrapped in foil.  I go surfing a lot and the Fordpass unlock on my Apple watch was working but seemed little reluctant at times.  Using the courtesy key worked but set off the alarm when unlocking the car.  Therefore the $400 keypad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLTEdge said:

Ok, just got to ask. I've had 2 edges both with this system and have never used them. Touch the door handle, yes key in my pocket, and it unlocks. No key, use the phone app. What's the big need i'm missing?

As others have mentioned, you can lock your proximity key in the cabin using it, and unlock it without any other thing on your person, be it phone or fob.

I haven't tried with an apple watch and the phone in the cabin, will have to try that. My Fitbit I created an Alexa routine for it so I don't have to say the PIN (unlock magnetic) but my watch doesn't always reconnect with my phone if it has been out of range of it for awhile or I accidentally try it not in range of my cell phone.

I have started using it more so the code is muscle memory, or I can add the same one my old car had that I drove for 20 years and always used the keypad (no proximity key, no phone app).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, MLTEdge said:

Ok, just got to ask. I've had 2 edges both with this system and have never used them. Touch the door handle, yes key in my pocket, and it unlocks. No key, use the phone app. What's the big need i'm missing?

When we go swimming at the lake, I lock my wallet and keys in the car. Use the buttons to access the door and rear hatch when returning. Plus, I've accidentally locked my keys in the car. Lock pad is a life saver. Annnnnnnnd, it's fun to play with. ?

On 6/26/2023 at 5:17 PM, Darksider87 said:

I actually work at the dealership in parts and im in the process of figuring out if its possible to add these features back.

....  activated by Forscan because i can't see anything on our ids scanner from ford but i will find out and get back. 

If it's not any trouble, any chance you could look in the IDS to see how to activate a rear camera in a 2009 MKX?

They designed the car to use a  camera, but never offered it as an option in US cars (just in Japanese cars).

Like to add one.