Hi group , just purchased 2024 Edge ST Line

nitehawk

Thought it was time to retire the 2005 Ford 500 , was going to get an Escape but felt it was a bit too small.

I have 100 KM so far.....LOL , I don't want to wear it out . I was a Ford dealer mechanic for many years up here in Ontario and still tend to favour Ford although they have had some stinkers over the years but so have other companies. Cheers , hope to learn a few things on here.

• Like 4

On 8/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, nitehawk said:

Thought it was time to retire the 2005 Ford 500 , was going to get an Escape but felt it was a bit too small.

I have 100 KM so far.....LOL , I don't want to wear it out . I was a Ford dealer mechanic for many years up here in Ontario and still tend to favour Ford although they have had some stinkers over the years but so have other companies. Cheers , hope to learn a few things on here.

It's a 2024, my dealer ordered several and this was one of the first and nothing different from the 2023 except you only get one year instead of 3 with the navigation.  2024 will be the last year unless Ford backs down from converting the Oakville plant to EV's .  I would really like to see them making the Edge L that are in China . Also a nice Taurus in the middle east....pics if you Google.

I just took delivery of my 2024 Edge Titanium replacing my 2019 Edge Titanium. After putting 300 miles on it I realize that they left out some creature comfort features that were part of the older Edge. So here is a list for you to compare.

1.Central console has  missing lid to phone charger cubby hole as well as missing lid at the top of the dash.

2.The storage under the arm rest no longer has the double click that allows you to reach for the tray or bin. The tray has to be removed to get to the bin where I put the tissue box. The tray has to be picked up to get it out of the way.

3.The steering wheel used to be power adjusted now it is manual.

4.The backup camera lens used to have a dedicated washer nozzle, that is gone.

5. Securicode touch pad on the drivers door, gone

6. CD player, gone

7. Touch sensors on rear door handles, gone

8. The front headrests used to be adjustable  for tilt, gone

9. The front door sills were illuminated, gone.

And I still paid for a "Titanium" which is not similar to the 2019 Titanium I had. This bothered me as those features IMHO made it a more refined car.

Edited by rafeeki
Adding to the list contributions from others.
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, rafeeki said:

I just took delivery of my 2024 Edge Titanium replacing my 2019 Edge Titanium. After putting 300 miles on it I realize that they left out some creature comfort features that were part of the older Edge. So here is a list for you to compare.

1.Central console has  missing lid to phone charger cubby hole as well as missing lid at the top of the dash.

2.The storage under the arm rest no longer has the double click that allows you to reach for the tray or bin. The tray has to be removed to get to the bin where I put the tissue box. The tray has to be picked up to get it out of the way.

3.The steering wheel used to be power adjusted now it is manual.

4.The backup camera lens used to have a dedicated washer nozzle, that is gone.

And I still paid for a "Titanium" which is not similar to the 2019 Titanium I had. This bothered me as those features IMHO made it a more refined car.

Lots of decontenting happened, and weird combos and things added one year to lower models, then removed for all models.

You also lost the SecuriCode keypad on the drivers door B pillar and the CD player (which I am glad my 2019 SEL doesn't have, but the TI still had it).

On 9/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, dabangsta said:

Lots of decontenting happened, and weird combos and things added one year to lower models, then removed for all models.

You also lost the SecuriCode keypad on the drivers door B pillar and the CD player (which I am glad my 2019 SEL doesn't have, but the TI still had it).

Didn't they also remove the touch sensors on the rear doors at some point?

On 9/7/2023 at 1:20 PM, nitehawk said:

It's a 2024, my dealer ordered several and this was one of the first and nothing different from the 2023 except you only get one year instead of 3 with the navigation.  2024 will be the last year unless Ford backs down from converting the Oakville plant to EV's .  I would really like to see them making the Edge L that are in China . Also a nice Taurus in the middle east....pics if you Google.

I also have the 2024 Titanium. I noticed last night how dark the picture on the screen was at night while backing up.  

Do you know of any adjustments that can be made on the tough screen menue, I couldn't find any.

How can I check for any TSB's or recalls?  

• 2 months later...

I replaced my 2019 Ford Escape SE with a 2024 Ford Edge ST-Line.  I was craving more space, and it has delivered.   

I understood last year that Ford would stop production of the Edge in 2023, and I was pleasantly surprised to see the 2024 models.  I was kicking the tires and took one out for a test drive, and well... three days later, it was in my driveway.  

• Like 2