Owners Manual 2021 Titanium

olyeller

Just bought my 2021 Titanium a few days ago. It didn’t have an owners Manual in the gove box like every other vehicle I have bought over the last 54 years. I did find it has a digital version on the touch screen and also available online. Was it supposed to have a print version in the glove box or am I a Luddite just living in the past? Thanks. PS I love this car very much but it’s only been mine for a few days. A previous car I owned and loved was my 2013 Lincoln MKX.

I don't think they have put a paper copy in the cars for a few years.  My 22 Edge ST didn't have one.  I can login to my Ford website or see it on the car's display, but I still think it is a cheap move.  There may be times when you need to look up something and may not have access to the electronics.  

The paper manual also affects the environment, especially when many, if not most, don't use the paper copy. It is also easier to find information being searchable.

The cost of the paper manual would eventually be passed on to the consumer.

For easier/quicker access, you can download a PDF version of the manual to your devices to have access anytime. The PDF can be downloaded under "Past Printings" > Documents. 

https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/

• Like 1

I didn't get a paper manual, but I prefer the PDF version on my computer.  It's easy to search when I'm looking for something.  The one on the car's display is worthless.  It's worded like they are trying to save paper.  They should go into more detail since it isn't on paper any more.  

• 3 weeks later...

You should have gotten a couple of guides with your vehicle, but no manual. You should have gotten a tire guide, quick reference, an owner's manual supplement, roadside card, and Sirius guide.

If you want a paper copy of the owner's manual, you have to purchase it from Helm Publications. Same thing goes for dealers, they have to purchase from Helm as well. This does not come with the zippered pouch BTW. You can try playing around with different vehicles on the site and find a pouch. Just a heads up about putting together a proper manual in pouch though, it will just barely fit in your glove compartment.

https://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=helm&Mfg=FMC&Make=FRD&Model=EDGE&Year=2021&Category=&Keyword=&Module=&selected_media=