cleaing the dash

secord1

I have a black 2009 MKX. The dash is covered in this rubbery/leathery material, and I don't know with what to clean it! When I had it washed at a local place, the armor-all dried leaving a dried, soapy appearance. Any suggestions? Otherwise, I love my MKX!!

Armor All will break down the plastic, don't use it. Aren't shiny dashes kinda uncool nowadays?

I use a swiffer and a damp cloth if there is anything to clean.

Amor all is very oily, so if you want to get it off I would use some diluted dish soap, it will cut the grease and wipe it down and then wipe with a wet towel to get all of the soap off.

Tell the carwash guys to save the armor all for the tires.

ICE Total Interior Spray

Available just about anywhere.

I was worried about cleaning the black interior of my Edge, especially not wanting any shine to the dash area.

I really like this product - leaves a nice clean fresh smell also. I use in on everything interior.

:plusone: haven't tried the spray yet though. will soon though. love the ICE product.

I use a product called Mother. Its in a red spray bottle called " Mothers Preserve".

We have the black dash also. This product is great you can use it on the outside moldings, interior.

Also have a 66 mustang and I use it on the hoses on the engine too.

I have used Armor All but find it collects dust and it really is no good for your dash.

Other guys in our car club also use lemon pledge on the dash.

post-6371-1244142166_thumb.jpg

Edited by litew8t

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I use a product called Mother. Its in a red spray bottle called " Mothers Preserve".

We have the black dash also. This product is great you can use it on the outside moldings, interior.

Also have a 66 mustang and I use it on the hoses on the engine too.

I have used Armor All but find it collects dust and it really is no good for your dash.

Other guys in our car club also use lemon pledge on the dash.

post-6371-1244142166_thumb.jpg

Mothers Preserves is a good product. It protects without being sticky & shiny. Armour All is one of the worst products you can use. It contains silicone & seals the pores in the vinyl. This will eventually destroy it.