1000 off new edge

kuraige

Hi All

just wanted to share some savings - i ordered my 2010 edge about 3 weeks ago, then recieved a email from Costco Canada that i can get a 1000.00 off of the Edge and other models. so i sent the coupon to my dealer and with a bit of struggle he was able to get me the 1k off of my employee pricing - so im thinking i got a sweet deal and thought i would share

heres is the link

Costco Ford Deal

Later

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All

just wanted to share some savings - i ordered my 2010 edge about 3 weeks ago, then recieved a email from Costco Canada that i can get a 1000.00 off of the Edge and other models. so i sent the coupon to my dealer and with a bit of struggle he was able to get me the 1k off of my employee pricing - so im thinking i got a sweet deal and thought i would share

heres is the link

Costco Ford Deal

Later

That's interesting - because I ordered mine on Aug 25 (delivery today Oct 9th) and both the dealer and Ford says I cannot apply the Costco deal.

Did you complete your purchase offer in August?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All

heres is the link

Costco Ford Deal

Later

Hi: My order went into Ford mid-afternoon Aug 31 and Ford told Dealer 'no" to Costco Rebate, I wrote Ford CEO by registered mail and received a phone call asking name of Dealer, who was asked by Ford to submit special consideration request. Dealer told me two weeks ago that Ford responded "no" but has not yet had the common courtesy to reply to my letter. Costco is now involved and agrees with "my" position on the matter. Car Cost Canada also agrees in that their information says the offer applies to deliveries within the offer period. Small Claims court is a viable approach if all else fails. Secind new vehicle planned for Spring 2010 will NOT be a Ford - this is not my first experience in having to write them a letter telling them I would go to Small Claims court - that was back in the 1980's and took this long to give them a second chance.

Keith

Hi: My order went into Ford mid-afternoon Aug 31 and Ford told Dealer 'no" to Costco Rebate, I wrote Ford CEO by registered mail and received a phone call asking name of Dealer, who was asked by Ford to submit special consideration request. Dealer told me two weeks ago that Ford responded "no" but has not yet had the common courtesy to reply to my letter. Costco is now involved and agrees with "my" position on the matter. Car Cost Canada also agrees in that their information says the offer applies to deliveries within the offer period. Small Claims court is a viable approach if all else fails. Secind new vehicle planned for Spring 2010 will NOT be a Ford - this is not my first experience in having to write them a letter telling them I would go to Small Claims court - that was back in the 1980's and took this long to give them a second chance.

Keith

I got a $3000 rebate when I bought my new 2010 Edge. That made me feel good.

I know, I know, nothing special. But, it was $3000 I didn't know I was going to get when I went looking.

I'm looking at trading my 2007 Edge SEL PLUS (FWD). A dealer in Omaha, NE quoted me $31,952 on a MSRP $35,670 Edge SEL AWD. Invoice is $32,983. Then I would get $3750 in rebates. He's also giving me $22,000 for my 2007 which books for $21,950. That is the best deal I have found.

I'm looking at trading my 2007 Edge SEL PLUS (FWD). A dealer in Omaha, NE quoted me $31,952 on a MSRP $35,670 Edge SEL AWD. Invoice is $32,983. Then I would get $3750 in rebates. He's also giving me $22,000 for my 2007 which books for $21,950. That is the best deal I have found.

Sweet deal!! I would snap that up. Have you decided on a color?

I almost made a deal with one dealer for a loaded edge with X-plan pricing.

That dealer gave me a order confirmation form to take home with me because I told

them I would come back if I decided to purchase.

When I arrived home I noticed the order confirmation listed the prices for the a/z plan & the D plan which were significantly cheaper. I emailed another local dealer and told him if he could give me the D plan pricing plus rebates I would come in and place my order the next day. So his answer was yes and I placed my order.

So the D-plan price came out to be $4,055 under the MSRP.

The current rebates are $3000 but im hoping they will go up by the time I take delivery.

I am very happy with the price and don't think I could have gotten a better deal.

I hate to burst your bubble, but something isn't right. D plan is below dealer cost even taking the holdback into account. The only way the dealer makes money on A/Z/D plan purchases is because Ford subsidizes them. Without the Ford subsidy the dealer would be losing money for no reason. If they're giving you D plan price then they're making it up somewhere else on rebates, trade-in, doc fees or other fees.

You need to check that paperwork carefully. I suggest getting a "drive-out" price including all taxes, fees, etc. and compare it to an actual X plan price just to be safe.

Not saying it can't happen but in this case the odds are pretty slim.

I hate to burst your bubble, but something isn't right. D plan is below dealer cost even taking the holdback into account. The only way the dealer makes money on A/Z/D plan purchases is because Ford subsidizes them. Without the Ford subsidy the dealer would be losing money for no reason. If they're giving you D plan price then they're making it up somewhere else on rebates, trade-in, doc fees or other fees.

You need to check that paperwork carefully. I suggest getting a "drive-out" price including all taxes, fees, etc. and compare it to an actual X plan price just to be safe.

Not saying it can't happen but in this case the odds are pretty slim.

I agree, something does not seem right.

They could be ordering this for him, and then when the car arrives require a pin # to honor that price.? Does not seem like a dealer would openly order a car to lose money on the transaction.

Load AWD Limited will be $36.5 OTD.

Only option I didn't get was the entertainment.

302A

Trailer towing

Cargo ACC

Rubber Mats

Back Lit Door Sills

Remote Start

That sounds about right if you qualify for the $3K rebate. All we're saying is be careful - this sounds like a bait and switch. There is no good reason for a dealer to order a vehicle and sell it for a loss, and at that price they're losing at least $200.

Are you sure they only included the $3K normal rebates? Sometimes dealers will include and combine potential incentives like military rebate, college grad rebate, etc. that you may not qualify for and can't be combined anyway. When you don't qualify for the rebates the price goes up by $1K or more.

Just be careful.

Hey Guys

ok i talked with my Sales Rep and he has processed a bunch of these deals and got the rebates. he told me that if you have taken delivery of the car yet he is confident that he can get the rebate posted. if you want give him a email and see what he can do. the only stipulations he mentioned were you had to be a costco member before Aug or July (sorry forgot which he said) and you need to have put the order in before Nov 2.

his name is Dominic Lazzaro and his email is dlazzaro@barrieford.com

let me know if that helps anyone

Later

Hey Guys

ok i talked with my Sales Rep and he has processed a bunch of these deals and got the rebates. he told me that if you have taken delivery of the car yet he is confident that he can get the rebate posted. if you want give him a email and see what he can do. the only stipulations he mentioned were you had to be a costco member before Aug or July (sorry forgot which he said) and you need to have put the order in before Nov 2.

his name is Dominic Lazzaro and his email is dlazzaro@barrieford.com

let me know if that helps anyone

Later

Your sales Rep can't get anything processed that is not available.

The process is very simple: When your car arrives, you will get the incentive that is available at that time. The dealer reporting the sale to Ford has to lock in the Rebate program number with program headquarters that is on the VINCENT form for the vin/zip code/type of purchase.

Edited by PCM

• 2 weeks later...
Your sales Rep can't get anything processed that is not available.

The process is very simple: When your car arrives, you will get the incentive that is available at that time. The dealer reporting the sale to Ford has to lock in the Rebate program number with program headquarters that is on the VINCENT form for the vin/zip code/type of purchase.

I highly agree, only what is available at the time of purchase. The $2,000. + the extra $1,000. is now the locked in rebate until Jan. 10, 2010. The extra $750 ended for all on the first of November. I spent 20 yrs with ford in f&i, leasing and GSM as well as gm.

I just picked up a new 2010 Edge Se. I was charged $400.00 under factory invoice, but there was also a dealer fee of $499.00......... Net price was $100.00 over. Dealers use this prep for additional PROFIT. Because of the normal pre printed contract already shows a fee included, my car was sold to me "under invoice". You cant expect to pay less than $100.00 profit, in fact if you can really get out the door for this price you have done very well.

For those that are considering purchasing a new vehicle, and don't have the stuff to get you there go to overstock.com. Yes, they use a service that can get you all of the deals. If your price is not marked as a great price, open your search area for additional dealers.

Good Luck,

Al

I highly agree, only what is available at the time of purchase. The $2,000. + the extra $1,000. is now the locked in rebate until Jan. 10, 2010. The extra $750 ended for all on the first of November. I spent 20 yrs with ford in f&i, leasing and GSM as well as gm.

I just picked up a new 2010 Edge Se. I was charged $400.00 under factory invoice, but there was also a dealer fee of $499.00......... Net price was $100.00 over. Dealers use this prep for additional PROFIT. Because of the normal pre printed contract already shows a fee included, my car was sold to me "under invoice". You cant expect to pay less than $100.00 profit, in fact if you can really get out the door for this price you have done very well.

For those that are considering purchasing a new vehicle, and don't have the stuff to get you there go to overstock.com. Yes, they use a service that can get you all of the deals. If your price is not marked as a great price, open your search area for additional dealers.

Good Luck,

Al

:rockon: I too am a retired blue oval guy. Although, my exit was only due to the major downturn in the business :banghead::banghead:

I was the New Car Manager, and Used Car Manager for a Top 50 Ford Store, 3 Time President's Award Winner, with the store only being 7yrs old.

Sometimes I may sound negative, but I am only trying to help others on here from being misled.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Luck,

Al

Never pay "dealer fees"... and the Overstock.com published 'dealer invoice' is high. The actual dealer invoice is lower. Much closer to the TrueCost price listed.