Ford edge 2011 pics

controleur2001

The headlights look very Chevy Tailblazer-like, kinda slanted and squinty. And is the tailgate as narrow side to side as it looks in the pic? I love how wide the back opens on the current models. And the back window looks smaller too. A 4 cyl would be a dealbreaker for me though.

I am anxious to see one in person, any idea of a release date?

The headlights look very Chevy Tailblazer-like, kinda slanted and squinty. And is the tailgate as narrow side to side as it looks in the pic? I love how wide the back opens on the current models. And the back window looks smaller too. A 4 cyl would be a dealbreaker for me though.

Hi igcitng. :D Have no fear. No change in tailgate width or window size (just visual tricks due to the camouflage paint, photo angles, rear window air deflector etc.). And the V-6 will still be available. :shift:

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

The 4 cylinder (if available) will be the 2.0L Ecoboost Direct Injection turbocharged version putting out around 250 hp give or take. It should yield similar performance to the current 3.5L with better fuel economy.

Hi igcitng. :D Have no fear. No change in tailgate width or window size (just visual tricks due to the camouflage paint, photo angles, rear window air deflector etc.). And the V-6 will still be available. :shift:

Good luck. :beerchug:

OK,Spill the beans bbf. :finger: What will be the engine options for the 2010.5/2011 edge? :hyper:

OK,Spill the beans bbf. :finger: What will be the engine options for the 2010.5/2011 edge? :hyper:

I hope the engine options are better then they seem at this point. The Edge/MKX biggest flaw is they are somewhat under powered now. With the new engine being barely able to keep up, I see sales figures falling like a rock. The Edge Sport & the MKX should get the 3.5 EcoBoost to bring them into the 350 or so HP range if they plan on competing. If they insist on using the 4, put it in the base model.

I hope the engine options are better then they seem at this point. The Edge/MKX biggest flaw is they are somewhat under powered now. With the new engine being barely able to keep up, I see sales figures falling like a rock. The Edge Sport & the MKX should get the 3.5 EcoBoost to bring them into the 350 or so HP range if they plan on competing. If they insist on using the 4, put it in the base model.

If YOU want more power - fine, but that doesn't mean it's currently underpowered. Name a competitor that has significantly more power.

If YOU want more power - fine, but that doesn't mean it's currently underpowered. Name a competitor that has significantly more power.

Underpowered is a subjective thing. They are OK in many situations. The time I find it a bit lacking is when driving around 50-60 in a situation where some quick power would be nice. Thats with just me or 1 passenger. I'm imagining its even worse with 3 passengers & a couple hundred pounds of gear in the back.

The Cadilac CTS has a 304 HP engine available. Sure its more money, but you can get it if desired.

some quick power would be nice.

Like I said - big difference between wanting more power and saying it's "underpowered". For the vast majority of drivers it has plenty of power for all normal driving situations and I can't think of a competitor that has significantly more power. The CTS is not a competitor.

IMHO Power and torque are fully acceptable for normal driving. However they, especially torque, are boderline for towing about 2200lbs, let alone the 3500lbs allowed. For me the Edge is an ideal compromise for performance, economy, comfort, handling and safty. Not too impressed with some of the quality issues though. Should the Edge only come with a 237HP motor as referenced I will be looking for another vehicle (brand?) in a couple of years. By the way, drove the MKT with the eco boost. Excellent. Trouble is that up in the GWN you can only get it with the sun-roof and that means no roof rails (plus I dont like sun-roofs, just one more place for problems). Dont really like the Flex.

Should the Edge only come with a 237HP motor as referenced I will be looking for another vehicle (brand?) in a couple of years.

If the Edge gets the 2.0L EB it will be an optional engine. They're not going to discontinue the 3.5L and they'll probably add the new 300 HP 3.7L or the 350 hp EB 3.5L as a sport option at some point.

In my opinion Ford also needs to re-work the dash with better dash lighting, better materials such as soft touch door and dash panels all around and please dont forget the very bad radio display (one line and Crown Vic green type lighting). The cosole armrest also needs to be updated with better materials and slide function. Some lights in the console and glove box would also be welcome. My lease is up in 2011 and I know that I am satisfied with the looks and somewhat satisfied with the performance of my 08 awd but Ford needs to be proactive with upgrades and changes.

In my opinion Ford also needs to re-work the dash with better dash lighting, better materials such as soft touch door and dash panels all around and please dont forget the very bad radio display (one line and Crown Vic green type lighting). The cosole armrest also needs to be updated with better materials and slide function. Some lights in the console and glove box would also be welcome. My lease is up in 2011 and I know that I am satisfied with the looks and somewhat satisfied with the performance of my 08 awd but Ford needs to be proactive with upgrades and changes.

I agree with your assesment of the dash/console, but I would add a complaint about the cupholders. About the only thing that works well is a pop can. I can't find a coffee cup that fits well.

I agree with your assesment of the dash/console, but I would add a complaint about the cupholders. About the only thing that works well is a pop can. I can't find a coffee cup that fits well.

Are you using a regular coffee cup or a travel mug? I would think the travel mugs would fit fine and would work much better since they're covered.