What other creatures ride in your Edge/MKX?

klc317

I noticed there weren't any topics on here to show any pet/copilots that ride with you. Our dogs are limited to a couple soft crates in the rear cargo area when they go with us in the MKX but they are always up for a ride and going places. The car and leather is too nice to let them claw it up running loose in the car.

We have 1 Boxer (8 yrs old) and 3 Italian Greyhounds (5 yrs, 3 yrs, and 1 yr old). Started off with one of each but the other two IGs sorta found their way into our home. Oh well, they are usually together in a pile sleeping together and at only 12-15 pounds a piece they only weigh about 1/2 as much as the Boxer. The IGs are very fun dogs and not too many people seem to know about the breed. We always get asked if they are either baby or mini greyhounds and we have to do lots of explaining!

Heres some pics:

200916.jpg

200821.jpg

20086.jpg

20094.jpg

200954.jpg

Their favorite thing to do is play rocket dog at the dog park. We take them as much as we can, weather permitting. Keeps us in shape too:

200947.jpg

200920.jpg

200912.jpg

27820.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

lilydogpark328098.jpg

Edited by klc317

There are a few threads about dogs.

I did a search for crate and found this.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?sho...38&hl=crate

Some friends of ours rescue Gray Hounds, they REALLY are good dogs.

ab

Never thought of looking up "crate" thanks! And yes, they are very similar in behavior and attitude of full sized greyhounds. Very loving, sleep alot, and always looking for somewhere warm. BTW, I liked your signature so I borrowed some of it for mine...haha.

Heres a pic of one of ours with a full-sized greyhound at the dog park so you can see the size difference but similar build:

200911.jpg

Edited by klc317

is it ok to go further in this thread or not?

this one has more nice pics or not?

i will go on... :shades:

This is our hairy companion as small whelp

show-image_350-09122718776733.jpg

some later

show-image_350-09122718607182.jpg

...snow clearing

show-image_350-09122718274455.jpg

...looking for some nice guys with as much hairs as herself...

show-image_350-09122718763807.jpg

..."what?...you have some buiscuits?...yes...yes sure i can make some poses for camera...no problem"

show-image_350-09122718849750.jpg

..."was not sure what you exactly ment when you said "not enough space for two..."?

show-image_350-09122720488463.jpg

..."yep, thats my ball. Can get it? Do me a favor and try..."

show-image_350-09122720516520.jpg

..."oh yes...thats pure love...i know...is it really sure that here's no second pet?..."

show-image_350-09122720351792.jpg

..."what...never saw a sleeping dog before...?"

show-image_350-09122720948333.jpg

..."yes...imagine...i'm sleeping again. Can someone get this dude away?...get headache..."

show-image_350-09122720645272.jpg

Edited by Marccom

I rescue Italian Greyhounds and have owned the breed for 13 years. The Edge is great because I can get a lot of crates in it. I have three of my own and usually a foster in the house. My current one is a little girl that was rescued from an Amish puppy mill in IA. Everyone rides in their crates in the car. Even a minor accident can injure or kill a dog in the car. An airbag will kill any size dog instantly, and sudden stops or collisions can catapult a dog into the windshield. In most states cops and emt's can legally destroy an animal at the scene of an accident if the owner is incapacitated and cannot direct care for the animal or if it is seen as a threat to emergency workers.

Every month I load everyone up to go to my monthly IG get together that I host. The windows on my Edge sport anti puppy mill and rescue decals.

Since you own Italian Greyhounds aka IG's and iggies, you may get my license plate that is my avatar . . .

I rescue Italian Greyhounds and have owned the breed for 13 years. The Edge is great because I can get a lot of crates in it. I have three of my own and usually a foster in the house. My current one is a little girl that was rescued from an Amish puppy mill in IA. Everyone rides in their crates in the car. Even a minor accident can injure or kill a dog in the car. An airbag will kill any size dog instantly, and sudden stops or collisions can catapult a dog into the windshield. In most states cops and emt's can legally destroy an animal at the scene of an accident if the owner is incapacitated and cannot direct care for the animal or if it is seen as a threat to emergency workers.

Every month I load everyone up to go to my monthly IG get together that I host. The windows on my Edge sport anti puppy mill and rescue decals.

Since you own Italian Greyhounds aka IG's and iggies, you may get my license plate that is my avatar . . .

Nice plate. The wife got 1BXR3IG as the plate on ours. Congrats on the rescue and foster dogs, I applaud you for doing so!

Edited by klc317

• 4 weeks later...

Nice plate. The wife got 1BXR3IG as the plate on ours. Congrats on the rescue and foster dogs, I applaud you for doing so!

You guys get to play with letters and numbers on your plates like CA, neat. IL plates have to be a certain way. Cars have to have letters and then numbers or all letters and trucks have numbers and then letters or all letters. So not as much creative license here. :) If you guys ever want to help ig rescue let me know, I can get you in touch with the reps over there.

This was my baby. She was 11 y.o.

On 01-25-10 we had to put her down. She had a tumor on her heart which was causing Congestive Heart Failure. She seemed fine on Friday. Over three days she went south and seemed to be having trouble breathing. The vet said her lungs were filling up with fluid and was causing the difficulty breathing. Not treatment or options. She went peacefully in the arms of those who loved her. I've been married 18 years with no kids. She was our baby. Today was hard, the house is so quiet without hearing the click-clack of her nails on the hardwood floor. My tears are still flowing. She will be missed by me and her "Mommy" who is hurting just as bad as I am. Rest In Peace my baby.

post-7782-1264559216389_thumb.jpg

post-7782-12645591065012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hurtman, so very sorry for your loss. cry.gif

In April 2007 during the dog food contamination crisis I lost both of my Italian Greyhounds in an 18 hour time period. While trying to save the one with kidney failure the other died of sudden heart failure. I know the sound of a suddenly empty house. My dogs are my babies too. I hope you and your wife find peace.

Wow, do they know how he got it? At a kennel or dog park? Is he on meds forever? Poor guy.

Our guess is it was while he was digging in grampa's yard or from walks.

He hadn't been to a kennel or a dog park.

The doc told us it comes from the soil.

Supposedly he is on the meds until his xrays come up clean.

We are going to take him in next month for another look see.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

Our guess is it was while he was digging in grampa's yard or from walks.

He hadn't been to a kennel or a dog park.

The doc told us it comes from the soil.

Supposedly he is on the meds until his xrays come up clean.

We are going to take him in next month for another look see.

Very glad he is ok.

• 4 weeks later...