What happens when your 6 month Sirius trial ends?

dasher

I'm just curious as to what others have experienced when their 6 month Sirius trial ends. I was expecting mine to go out completely. Instead on the day that the subscription was to end, I lost some chanels and all the Sirius options are grayed out, but I still have 51 channels that work plus my travelink still works. I don't mind that and consider myself lucky as I only lost one channel that I listen to regularly.

I expect all the channels and travelink will eventually go away, and I 'm fine with that. What bothers me is that if I go to the Radio screen and happen to go into SAT1, 2, or 3 screens a nag pop up comes up telling me that my subscription ended and to call their toll free number. I then have to dismiss this screen before I can interact with the touch screen further. Is there a way to turn this off? It's becoming very, very annoying!! :banghead:

I have a 2010 Edge Limited.

Edited by dasher

well.. whats worse, some free services or a nag screen? :shades:

there is a whole thread on this, use the search, as some never got deactivated and some did. if you get fully deactvicted, you will get a screen that tells you to call them and activate. mine went pretty near after the 6 months.

well.. whats worse, some free services or a nag screen? :shades:

there is a whole thread on this, use the search, as some never got deactivated and some did. if you get fully deactvicted, you will get a screen that tells you to call them and activate. mine went pretty near after the 6 months.

When does my Sirius free subscription start as it was already activated when I bought the vehicle? who activated it? how will Sirius know what date I purchased the vehicle? should it start at the day I purchased the vehicle?

When does my Sirius free subscription start as it was already activated when I bought the vehicle? who activated it? how will Sirius know what date I purchased the vehicle? should it start at the day I purchased the vehicle?

Mine was activated by my dealer. I'm guessing this is done by the detail shop within a day of delivery.

My 6 month trial quit about 6 days late. I called Sirius to re-up, and asked if they had any deals. The rep asked if I had a code. (nope) I asked again if he could give me a deal. (nope)

One week later, I got a 50% off coupon in the mail :banghead:

I phoned immediately to protest. The friendly CSR said "No problem, sir. The 50% will be refunded to your CC within the week."

And it was. :happy feet:

Thanks everyone for replying. I'm not fully deactivated (which is a plus). I do get this nag screen everytime I go into the SAT1/2/3 screens (which is a negative). What I want to know is if there is a way to get rid of the nag screen. As far as I can tell from searching this forum, no one else has asked about getting rid of the nag screen.

For anyone who has canceled completly, does the nag screen go away eventually? If not, is there a way to hide the SAT1/2/3 menus from both the touch screen AND the steering wheel controls?

They have had one year for $71 plus tax or 5 months $20 plus tax

I got my deal when I said send me to cancellation department because for the first couple weeks it took my radio 3-15 minutes to work

I went online to my account a couple time and click "Send signal" its been working since

also if you have a iphone 3gs you can steam Pandora free using Bluetooth, FREE

They finally fully deactivated my sirius subscription. Actually, I may have triggered the full deactivation myself. Last night while getting rid of the nag screen I went over a small bump and missed the close button and hit the dial button instead. I immediately canceled the call. After that the 50 or so Sirius channels and travel link no longer worked.

It may have just been bad timing, but it could also be that sirius leaves these 50 teaser channels on to entice you to call them. Then when you do, the radio automatically disables them completely. If you reorder on the phone, Sirius sends the signal to turn on the radio. If you don't reorder then they don't have to do anything since your radio is disabled.

In any case, I don't want Sirius radio. I like everyone else who has the navigation/entertainment system paid good money for it. There should be an option to turn off the SAT1/2/3 menus. They just get in the way especially with that nag screen. I think putting this annoying nag screen on the system without a way to turn it off is a slap in our faces.

Wasn't going to have time to fiddle with with the console for another week or two. In the meantime, I received a letter with the 5 month deal for $23.XX including taxes and fees. I took this offer. Interesting enough, when they called me the week before that my free trial was set to expire, they would not budge from their standard pricing and wouldn't offer me any sort of discount. At $13/month + taxes and fees I can easily live without sat radio. Now at $5/month, I think that's reasonable. At the end of the 5 months, I guess I'll start pulling apart the concole to disconnect it, so I won't have to deal with the stupid nag screen. Thanks for eveyone's help.

By the way the 50 channels you were getting was a Sirius promotion that ended on June 7th.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/Page&c=FlexContent&cid=1272762132018

Just a coincidence that your 6 months ended while that promo was on.

I don't think pulling out the Sirius tuner is going to make the nag screen go away. The Sirius is configured "on" inside the main head unit, so it's still going to be looking for something.