Problems with my new 2011 MKX!

Shredder

After Ford Customer Service contacted the dealer, dealer said they would do it. But it'll be a big job and to be honest, I'm tired of not have my vehicle to drive around in. Not only that, but I'm dropping it off again on Tuesday and they will provide me with a rental again so they can take all the time needed to find and fix the rattling coming from the back.

I'm okay with them fixing the pry bar issue with steel plates and clamps (or however they're gonna do it). 1) It'll prevent them from taking my whole front end off and to be honest, I don't trust the guys at the dealership to do this... or at least do it well. 2) It'll probably be a sturdier solution for the pry bar anyway.

Right now, if they can just fix the rattling noise, I'll be happy.

I've been around vehicles for many years and have never heard of a "pry bar" - can someone describe this part?

Grabbed a folded up napkin and was about to close the hood (to jam the napkin between the rubbing parts) and the pry bar holding the hood up suddenly snapped and the hood just dropped.

And no - I have no idea why he calls it that. I also cannot believe that a hood prop rod would snap in half for no reason.

And no - I have no idea why he calls it that. I also cannot believe that a hood prop rod would snap in half for no reason.

Earlier he said that it was the bracket that holds the hood prop rod at the grill area that broke. That sounds like a material flaw in the bracket to me. Also I think it was mentioned somewhere in the thread that Ford knew about the problem. Hopefully they've got it fixed when mine gets built in a week or so.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the MKX 2011. I have been lucky so far. I havent had any problems with mine yet. But I did notice that the car pulls to the right when I am driving. Also, in the sun roof...where the metal has been cut...be careful it is extremely sharp. I was checking it out and cut my finger! That felt good. Dont give up on the MKX yet, they will get it fixed for you.... these things happen to all kinds of vehicles unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about your problems with the MKX 2011. I have been lucky so far. I havent had any problems with mine yet. But I did notice that the car pulls to the right when I am driving. Also, in the sun roof...where the metal has been cut...be careful it is extremely sharp. I was checking it out and cut my finger! That felt good. Dont give up on the MKX yet, they will get it fixed for you.... these things happen to all kinds of vehicles unfortunately.

Don't you have like 15 days to return the car for full refund or something like that, by law? I would not want new car to have so much work done. Did you try to take it back for full refund? :stop:

It is too bad you are running into so many problems, I received my Edge 2011 limited edition with 20" wheels on Septembe 1st. I can't belive how much ford has changed. The all wheel drive is smooth (have you driven a BMW X3i? or and MDX? this is much better) Any way, I run into a problem with my touch screen, my phone was showing as listed but couldn't sync or take it out of the list. It seems that Ford was aware of this problem and had a quick fix for it. It took the dealer 10 minutes to upgrade the SW load and reboot the system. My ford touch is faster now, has better touch sensitivity and working fine. However I need to find a solution for the A/V input, it seems it works only if you are in park or neutral. need to know how to make it work while driving. This way will not need to buy thr DVD players for the back seats. Beside that, I trule love this car. One thing still not sure off, and that is adding applications. Does any one know what applications are they talking about and how we could add them?

• 2 weeks later...

It is too bad you are running into so many problems, I received my Edge 2011 limited edition with 20" wheels on Septembe 1st. I can't belive how much ford has changed. The all wheel drive is smooth (have you driven a BMW X3i? or and MDX? this is much better) Any way, I run into a problem with my touch screen, my phone was showing as listed but couldn't sync or take it out of the list. It seems that Ford was aware of this problem and had a quick fix for it. It took the dealer 10 minutes to upgrade the SW load and reboot the system. My ford touch is faster now, has better touch sensitivity and working fine. However I need to find a solution for the A/V input, it seems it works only if you are in park or neutral. need to know how to make it work while driving. This way will not need to buy thr DVD players for the back seats. Beside that, I trule love this car. One thing still not sure off, and that is adding applications. Does any one know what applications are they talking about and how we could add them?

Baba_ali

By any chance, do you know what version software you are using / have installed in your car?

I read some posts that said the my touch was a little "slow" and wondering if this is already an upgraded version correcting this and some other little things? Is there any way to tell what versions we have?

I am also wondering, seeing how your dealer was able to update the software, does this mean all cars waiting to be produced (e.g. like mine which I just ordered this week) will or should have the newest software including all updates (like yours) downloaded to the car when it's being built BEFORE being delivered to me?

Tony

I remember reading that some features are disabled when driving, a safety thing. Though I understand it may be for passenger use, watching a video while driving may be a little distracting.

Baba_ali

By any chance, do you know what version software you are using / have installed in your car?

I read some posts that said the my touch was a little "slow" and wondering if this is already an upgraded version correcting this and some other little things? Is there any way to tell what versions we have?

I am also wondering, seeing how your dealer was able to update the software, does this mean all cars waiting to be produced (e.g. like mine which I just ordered this week) will or should have the newest software including all updates (like yours) downloaded to the car when it's being built BEFORE being delivered to me?

Tony

how do you check what version of software is installed?