Changed gauge face

I found a used Edge SE cluster and a Ford Fusion cluster. You have to reuse the original cluster otherwise you would have to reprogram a different cluster. I carefully removed the needles and reremoved the silver face, I then took the SEL face for the gauges, since the SEL doesn't have information center I used the Fusion center part. With the dash lights that has the signals, check engine light etc. and the information center. I could have used the original cluster center but did not want to cut it up. The only thing I wish I could have covered up better is where the SEL has the stem hole for the trip reset under the speedo gauge. But I don't think is to noticeable. But it really does make a difference and now the dash seems to have a better flow since all switches are black and white.

I really didn't notice the dust until you pointed it out Lex and I did clean it off. Thanks Ed

Edited by er65nsunny

Remove the center finish panel that surronds the radio then remove the lower panel under the steering column, then remove the two bolts for the cluster. . There is a rubber piece between the upper steering column and the cluster that snaps into the cluster housing just pull up on it to release it. The cluster then can be pulled out which allows you to disconnect the rear liftgate connector if you have the power lifgate option. After the cluster comes out remove the wire harness for the cluster. It's pretty easy once you figure it out. It took me awhile since I didn't realize the rubber piece was there.

Edited by er65nsunny
  • Like 1

Remove the center finish panel that surronds the radio then remove the lower panel under the steering column, then remove the two bolts for the cluster. . There is a rubber piece between the upper steering column and the cluster that snaps into the cluster housing just pull up on it to release it. The cluster then can be pulled out which allows you to disconnect the rear liftgate connector if you have the power lifgate option. After the cluster comes out remove the wire harness for the cluster. It's pretty once you figure it out. It took me awhile since I didn't realize the rubber piece was there.

TY! TY! TY! :bowdown:

• 1 month later...

Apologies in advance if this is unrelated- but any chance that from here you can change the lighting on the gauges??

I seriously detest the green lighting! It looks so dated to me and completely clashes with the otherwise nice looking interior.

My '03 Escape had green instrument lighting as well which I also hated, so I was really disappointed to realize come night time that my new Edge has it too!

I don't understand the logic behind this- my dad has an '08 Mustang and it allows for the instrument lighting colors to be changed to any color as a part of the ambient lighting controls, but that's not the case with the ambient lighting feature on the Edge for some reason??

Remove the center finish panel that surronds the radio then remove the lower panel under the steering column, then remove the two bolts for the cluster. . There is a rubber piece between the upper steering column and the cluster that snaps into the cluster housing just pull up on it to release it. The cluster then can be pulled out which allows you to disconnect the rear liftgate connector if you have the power lifgate option. After the cluster comes out remove the wire harness for the cluster. It's pretty easy once you figure it out. It took me awhile since I didn't realize the rubber piece was there.

Apologies in advance if this is unrelated- but any chance that from here you can change the lighting on the gauges??

I seriously detest the green lighting! It looks so dated to me and completely clashes with the otherwise nice looking interior.

My '03 Escape had green instrument lighting as well which I also hated, so I was really disappointed to realize come night time that my new Edge has it too!

I don't understand the logic behind this- my dad has an '08 Mustang and it allows for the instrument lighting colors to be changed to any color as a part of the ambient lighting controls, but that's not the case with the ambient lighting feature on the Edge for some reason??

You could but you would have to change all the leds if you know how to solder, I believe someone on the fusion forum did it to their Ford Fusion.

• 2 weeks later...