Front License Tag bracket

wilsons66604

I would certainly think that if you live in a state that does require a front plate, you could ask the dealer not to install the bracket. Given that it's not illegal where you live, I don't see why it would be an issue for them. I live in a province that requires a front plate, but I am still going to ask the dealership to not install the bracket. Not sure what they'll say though.

I would certainly think that if you live in a state that does require a front plate, you could ask the dealer not to install the bracket. Given that it's not illegal where you live, I don't see why it would be an issue for them. I live in a province that requires a front plate, but I am still going to ask the dealership to not install the bracket. Not sure what they'll say though.

I've asked the salesman (twice) to make sure the bracket is left off. He said they would...but if Ford installed them, it was out of his control.

After spying a '11 Edge w/bracket in the dealer's back lot, I'm concerned that they are screwing brackets into the grills

I've asked the salesman (twice) to make sure the bracket is left off. He said they would...but if Ford installed them, it was out of his control.

After spying a '11 Edge w/bracket in the dealer's back lot, I'm concerned that they are screwing brackets into the grills

Yeah, they are definitely screwing it into the grille. I still have the Limited in my driveway that I have had for the last two days and there is no question that they drilled holes to put it on. I've always take the bracket off myself and install colour matched bumper plugs, but I am not sure they make them in chrome. Also, from I understood, it's the dealer that installs these, not the factory.

I had my grille inserts replaced. I think my salesguy said there wasn't a front bracket in the car. They wrapped up the chrome inserts in foam padding, so I could keep 'em. I haven't looked at them to know if a bracket was ever attached. Since front plates are not required in my state, I guess I'll never know.

I had my grille inserts replaced. I think my salesguy said there wasn't a front bracket in the car. They wrapped up the chrome inserts in foam padding, so I could keep 'em. I haven't looked at them to know if a bracket was ever attached. Since front plates are not required in my state, I guess I'll never know.

Good. That's what I was wanting to hear.

I live in Kansas -- in Wichita, and I got my 2011 Edge in Iola, KS. The front plate bracket was NOT installed on mine. I found a plastic bag in the car with the screws if I ever want to attach a front plate.

WTF!

Wonder why mine has it installed from the factory.

I saw it mentioned on my Window Sticker but figured I get it in a bag and not installed.

Edited by wilsons66604

Yeah, they are definitely screwing it into the grille. I still have the Limited in my driveway that I have had for the last two days and there is no question that they drilled holes to put it on. I've always take the bracket off myself and install colour matched bumper plugs, but I am not sure they make them in chrome. Also, from I understood, it's the dealer that installs these, not the factory.

Mine was installed at the factory :-(

Check out my window sticker...

Anyone else have this on their window sticker?

post-9129-061168500 1285176380_thumb.gif

Just ordered my 2011 Limited and since we don't need the front plate in the province I live in, I told him that I would not accept the vehicle should it already have the plate drilled into the bumper.

My dealer had about 3 2011's on their lot from the plant, 2 SEL, 1 Sport and they also had a Limited last week and not one of them had the plate installed on the front, however I did notice some 2010's with it?

My dealer told me (who knows how credible this is) but I was told that for the 2010's, they all had the holes drilled then plugged where as the 2011's did not arrive to their dealer with any holes or plates up front.

I made him write on the sales contract NO FRONT PLATE HOLES or bracket to be installed on my car, I told him I’d refuse delivery if I have to start plugging holes in the front end that didn't need to be there from the start.

I hope for his sake it comes shipped without it.

Just ordered my 2011 Limited and since we don't need the front plate in the province I live in, I told him that I would not accept the vehicle should it already have the plate drilled into the bumper.

My dealer had about 3 2011's on their lot from the plant, 2 SEL, 1 Sport and they also had a Limited last week and not one of them had the plate installed on the front, however I did notice some 2010's with it?

My dealer told me (who knows how credible this is) but I was told that for the 2010's, they all had the holes drilled then plugged where as the 2011's did not arrive to their dealer with any holes or plates up front.

I made him write on the sales contract NO FRONT PLATE HOLES or bracket to be installed on my car, I told him I’d refuse delivery if I have to start plugging holes in the front end that didn't need to be there from the start.

I hope for his sake it comes shipped without it.

When my Toyota came to me from Nebraska 4 yrs ago, it had the front plate. They swapped out the front bumper cover with another car.

I'll most likely ask them to do the same thing with this edge. It must be a quick swap if I can order a new one painted to body color for $200+-... Installed

The dealer has one edge listed. Looking up it's window sticker and it has that same line item for bracket.

I think it's the dealer's practice to order them....that will stop.

Edited by wilsons66604

Get this. My salesman comes back to me and says...

Ford is putting front brackets on all of them. The first ones we have received have all had them. We called Ford and they are putting them on all of them.

UPDATE:

After explaining to the salesman that not all Edges come with bracket installed, he's come back to me saying that the dealership DOES order the bracket on all vehicles because it's a free option. WTF! :redcard::banghead:

He's ordering me a new grill

Edited by wilsons66604

The Tag bracket is a standard option. If the dealer does not know to request that it be deleted on the order, it will come with one. If it comes with one, FORD, at the plant, not the dealer installs it. They no longer send them in bags to the dealer, they come preinstalled or not at all.

SO.. if you don't want one, you better remind your dealer to delete that option from your order when they place it, or you won't have a choice.

Edited by thomasford405

The Tag bracket is a standard option. If the dealer does not know to request that it be deleted on the order, it will come with one. If it comes with one, FORD, at the plant, not the dealer installs it. They no longer send them in bags to the dealer, they come preinstalled or not at all.

SO.. if you don't want one, you better remind your dealer to delete that option from your order when they place it, or you won't have a choice.

My grille is getting swapped out with another Edge that the dealer had ordered. I guess they specified that it not be installed on their order.

Salesman told me that it was a free option so they included it. :redcard:

I hope the grille swap goes well.

• 8 months later...