Sirius Travel Link still not working

JusDaFax

I've had my new Edge Limited (302A package) for two weeks. I LOVE IT!!!!. I took it on a trip this weekend up Independene pass in Colorado to see the aspens fall colors. The height of the pass is over 12,000 feet. The Edge was fantastic.

However, the Sirisu Travel Link is STILL not working. We're supposed to have a six month free trail to all the Sirius services. My Sirius radio and traffic work fine, but all the Travel Link features do not work at all. These are the Fuel Prices, Weather, Sports and Movie Times. When I check the subscriptions, all the Travel Link services read "unsubscribed"

I've reported it to Ford and Sirius. They all agree the services should be working. I brought it back to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work either. They gave me the car back and said their have reported it to Ford engineers who were supposed to get back with me this week. So far nothing. I've heard others have reported this problem too. Has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed? How?

post-11145-085054800 1285864272_thumb.jpg

post-11145-092402700 1285864333_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

same problem with my 2011 Edge Limited. no solution yet.

I've had my new Edge Limited (302A package) for two weeks. I LOVE IT!!!!. I took it on a trip this weekend up Independene pass in Colorado to see the aspens fall colors. The height of the pass is over 12,000 feet. The Edge was fantastic.

However, the Sirisu Travel Link is STILL not working. We're supposed to have a six month free trail to all the Sirius services. My Sirius radio and traffic work fine, but all the Travel Link features do not work at all. These are the Fuel Prices, Weather, Sports and Movie Times. When I check the subscriptions, all the Travel Link services read "unsubscribed"

I've reported it to Ford and Sirius. They all agree the services should be working. I brought it back to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work either. They gave me the car back and said their have reported it to Ford engineers who were supposed to get back with me this week. So far nothing. I've heard others have reported this problem too. Has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed? How?

I tried to use the gas price gadget the other day only to find out that all those special features are unsubscribed on my Edge. I've contacted my dealer and they are looking into it.

Has anybody gotten this resolved yet? I'd be interested to know what steps to take.

I first reported this on Sep 21st. The dealership couldn't fix it and escalated the issue to Ford. I was told Ford Engineers would have something the next week.

I took it back the next week and they said they still didn't have a fix, but Ford engineers were working on it. I should have an answer within a couple of days.

So, I called a few days later and they said Ford was working on a software "patch" and should have a fix by the end of Oct.

I got a call today from Ford Customer Service. They said engineers are working on a software update and should have something by mid-November. My local dealer sayes they have been told by Ford not to try any other fixes at this time.

None of this makes any sense to me. If its a software issue, why don't they just reload all the correct programs? If it is a hardware issue, why don't they just replace the units that are not working? I am getting very frustrated.

If it's software they won't release the patch until some testing is complete, which can take a while then they need to get all the approvals, etc. Unfortunately one of the drawbacks to a brand new system :(

HA! Who tested the first version?? I think we are the testers! :play:

But in Ford's defense, they had to get the car to market. We got what they had.

I'm really hoping it's a major software upgrade and fixes all of the issues I've been having.

If it's software they won't release the patch until some testing is complete, which can take a while then they need to get all the approvals, etc. Unfortunately one of the drawbacks to a brand new system :(

If every 2011 Edge was having this problem, I could accept that answer. However, most are not.

Why do you need to create a software patch when you have systems out there that are working? Why won't they just reprogram my unit with a software version they know works?

I'm not convinced this is a software issue at all.

I hope someone at Ford is actually working this issue and it hasn't been pushed to a back burner because they see it as a low priority.

HA! Who tested the first version?? I think we are the testers! :play:

But in Ford's defense, they had to get the car to market. We got what they had.

I'm really hoping it's a major software upgrade and fixes all of the issues I've been having.

I sure hope it DOES fix other problems...like the Bluetooth streaming audio/iPhone problem.

Today my phone/iPod sync'd but the car could not pick it up.

I did use the AV cables but I'm the kind of person that wants EVERYTHING working

properly.

Still have a problem with the screen saying the AV cables are in when they are not.

Going to my dealer next week.

I just noticed on SyncMyRide that they have changed my update area. it nows has this...

Sync Status Checker

Version 1.3

We need to confirm your current version of Sync. Please download and run the Sync Status Checker. The Sync Status Checker will verify what version of Sync is currently installed in your vehicle.

BT4T-14D546-EB

I'll do this when I get home

I was able to load the status checker and then upload the info to SyncMyRide. This is the first time I've been able to upload results.

I did get this message after my status upload...

Congratulations!

Important step if you installed the Traffic, Directions & Information Update

You must activate Traffic, Directions and Information in your account before you connect to the service in your vehicle.

We’ll walk you through the activation steps, and you can return at any time to create address points and personalize traffic alerts. Be sure you have the number of the mobile phone you’ll be using to connect to the service, and select that number as the Active phone when you activate the service.

My travel link is working fine on my 2011 SEL. I'm not sure if it was always working or if it was only available after I called some 800 number that came up on my touch screen. I think it probably only worked after I activated my account via that 800 number. Did those of you that have had problems call the 800 number to activate your account?

I was able to load the status checker and then upload the info to SyncMyRide. This is the first time I've been able to upload results.

Congratulations!

Important step if you installed the Traffic, Directions & Information Update

You must activate Traffic, Directions and Information in your account before you connect to the service in your vehicle.

We’ll walk you through the activation steps, and you can return at any time to create address points and personalize traffic alerts. Be sure you have the number of the mobile phone you’ll be using to connect to the service, and select that number as the Active phone when you activate the service.

I first reported this on Sep 21st. The dealership couldn't fix it and escalated the issue to Ford. I was told Ford Engineers would have something the next week.

I took it back the next week and they said they still didn't have a fix, but Ford engineers were working on it. I should have an answer within a couple of days.

So, I called a few days later and they said Ford was working on a software "patch" and should have a fix by the end of Oct.

I got a call today from Ford Customer Service. They said engineers are working on a software update and should have something by mid-November. My local dealer sayes they have been told by Ford not to try any other fixes at this time.

None of this makes any sense to me. If its a software issue, why don't they just reload all the correct programs? If it is a hardware issue, why don't they just replace the units that are not working? I am getting very frustrated.

I was a wining on a chat with Sync support today. I asked if there was a software upgrade coming soon. They said there is nothing. !?!?!?

They told me that there is an issue with the new iPhone and I should soft reset my iPhone and Master Reset MyTouch. The instructions they provided were not correct for the MyTouch. What is going on???

Here are the instructions to reset...oh, and it was no help...

To perform a master reset:

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.

1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.

2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.

3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.

4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.

5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display

6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.

7. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read ALL RESET.

SYNC will take you back to the ADVANCED SETTINGS MENU.

Sync's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing!

I was a wining on a chat with Sync support today. I asked if there was a software upgrade coming soon. They said there is nothing. !?!?!?

They told me that there is an issue with the new iPhone and I should soft reset my iPhone and Master Reset MyTouch. The instructions they provided were not correct for the MyTouch. What is going on???

Here are the instructions to reset...oh, and it was no help...

To perform a master reset:

Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.

1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.

2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.

3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.

4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.

5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display

6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.

7. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read ALL RESET.

SYNC will take you back to the ADVANCED SETTINGS MENU.

Sync's left hand doesn't know what it's right hand is doing!

Groan. Sounds like a complete replay of Ford's "support" for the previous versions of Sync. Spend a few hours reading the reported problems on the Owner-to-owner forums and you have no choice but to come to the conclusion that Ford is incapable of fixing most of their problems or they simply choose not to. I had hopes that the new MyFord/Lincoln Touch systems would usher in a new level of timely software updates. At the very least the support people you talked to are not well versed with the new system. I would have thought it was common knowledge by now that the Master Reset accomplishes nothing useful for the majority of issues we have encountered. Thanks for the report.

I'm having the exact same problem so you're not alone - on a new 2011 Edge picked up a couple of day sago. Sirius tech support ran out of ideas... and says "it is probably a Ford problem".

I am having the same problem with the sync service. It is dialing the wrong number they tell me. I have had it to 2 different dealers and they each come up with that they need to order parts but they are not the same. Sync says to have them reload the sync module, ford says they have an issue with it. Why Sync isn't saying there is a problem instead of telling us what to tell Ford is beyond me. I am getting frustrated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Wilsons66604,

I finally got my Edge and so far I'm lovin it! Still trying to figure it all out, wow, a lot to learn!!

Question...I went to Sync My Ride and I was told I had to do the update of Sync Status Checker 1.3. I installed the download onto my USB stick and inserted it into the car. The car recognizes the USB but says that there is no "readable" formats or something like that, the Edge does not recognize and of the file formats or files on the USB? Am I doing something wrong?

I checked the contents of the USB and I seem to have a folder along with an install file?

Anyone have any help they can send me?

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Ok,

So I figured out that I had to go into the Sync applications part of the mytouch to upload the file, I thought it was going to be automatic and that's why I didn't think I could upload it.

So, I did the upload and my screen said "install complete" or something to that idea. I brought the USB back to my computer and tried to do the install confirmation and I got the following error message although it mentions that there is a confirmation file inside the USB??

First I get this:

Untitled1.jpg

Then i get this...how do i get it to upload the file?? :(

Untitled2.jpg

Thanks!!!

Well, I was going to say that not all USB drive work for me, but it looks like you figured that part out.

I think this MySync download application is temperamental . I would have thought if you got past the download that you could have uploaded. Can you try another trype of browser? Are you using Mac or PC?

I tested install again today hoping that the install would reboot the Touch but it didn't. I guess I'll have to keep pulling fuse 29 on a regular basis.

Edited by wilsons66604

I've been getting that same upload error for weeks now. When I call Sync support they tell me I didn't need the update so I don't have to worry about reporting it.

They still have not fixed the Travel Link problem and now Ford Customer Support has stopped calling all-together. VERY, VERY Frustrating.