Homelink on Sport model?

GatorCat

Can anyone confirm that the 2011 Sport does NOT have a homelink transmitter in the visor?

Seems like a silly option not to be available from the LTD to the Sport, but you can't get HID or Adaptive Cruise so I suppose this could be on the list as well.

If it doesn't have homelink, has anyone found a good hiding spot for garage door opener? I haven't had to hide one of those in years... almost every car I've had has had homelink built in somewhere.

Thanks!

I did not realize that Homelink was not available on the Sport. Just another reason to get a Limited, IMHO.

I got a Limited because: 1) 22s just a little too big - and profile too small; 2) no HIDs; 3) black interior only color available; 4) oval exhaust tips - just do not like; 5) lower body molding - a bit overkill; 6) last vehicle had sport suspension, was ready for quieter, smoother ride; 7) incremental hp from 3.5L to 3.7L not worth the price.

I would love to have the paddle shifters, though. And I would rather have the black beltline trim instead of chrome. I took care of the front chrome. I like my Limited.

But hey! People get different rides for different reasons. That's why they make so many.

:party:

I did not realize that Homelink was not available on the Sport. Just another reason to get a Limited, IMHO.

I got a Limited because: 1) 22s just a little too big - and profile too small; 2) no HIDs; 3) black interior only color available; 4) oval exhaust tips - just do not like; 5) lower body molding - a bit overkill; 6) last vehicle had sport suspension, was ready for quieter, smoother ride; 7) incremental hp from 3.5L to 3.7L not worth the price.

I would love to have the paddle shifters, though. And I would rather have the black beltline trim instead of chrome. I took care of the front chrome. I like my Limited.

But hey! People get different rides for different reasons. That's why they make so many.

:party:

Yep, I got the sport for all the opposite reasons. 22's are kick ass wheels and the ride was nearly unchanged. HID's can be added fairly cheap. Only wanted black interior. Oval true dual exhaust is awesome. Lower body molding makes this ride set apart from all the other Edges. 3.7 may not be a big HP difference on paper but the combination of HP and Torque differences are definitely noticeable. Price Tag was identical when equipped with the same options (actually the limited was a few bucks more) and I didn't care for the wood trim. :shift:

Edited by sandjunkie

Can anyone confirm that the 2011 Sport does NOT have a homelink transmitter in the visor?

Seems like a silly option not to be available from the LTD to the Sport, but you can't get HID or Adaptive Cruise so I suppose this could be on the list as well.

If it doesn't have homelink, has anyone found a good hiding spot for garage door opener? I haven't had to hide one of those in years... almost every car I've had has had homelink built in somewhere.

Thanks!

I bought the Rearview mirro that has homelink buttons as a Ford accessory. Dealer installed. Works great.

Yep, I got the sport for all the opposite reasons. 22's are kick ass wheels and the ride was nearly unchanged. HID's can be added fairly cheap. Only wanted black interior. Oval true dual exhaust is awesome. Lower body molding makes this ride set apart from all the other Edges. 3.7 may not be a big HP difference on paper but the combination of HP and Torque differences are definitely noticeable. Price Tag was identical when equipped with the same options (actually the limited was a few bucks more) and I didn't care for the wood trim. :shift:

YEAH what sandjuckie said! I got my Sport on Wed. and to my surprise the headlamps aren't bad.

I bought the Rearview mirro that has homelink buttons as a Ford accessory. Dealer installed. Works great.

How much for part and labor?

Thanks!

I was thinking about just using velcro and placing it behind the temp. controls

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone thought about/tried ordering the visor with homelink from the edge limited and installing it in their sport?

I've had homelink in my honda for almost 10 years now and don't really want an ugly transmitter hanging from my visor!

It will work but last time I priced one it was over $300.

Would this be the right part? I'm assuming HMLK stands for Homelink, but it also says "PASS" which I would assume means it's for the passenger side. Aren't the homelink buttons on the driver side visor? This is the only one I see listed with HMLK...

I don't understand the abbreviations either, but that's definitely the passenger side only without homelink.