Anyone having touch issues?

masonmovin925

I took possession of my 2011 MKX last Saturday and have had some issues. My navigation and ipod hook up weren't working due to it still being in transportation mode. That part is fixed but I am still having sporadic issues. The usb is saying it isn't plugged in sometimes when it is...and navigation fault is popping up frequently as well. Super frustrating this early in the game. Anyone else having issues or does your system work perfectly? I'm hoping there is something wrong with the unit itself and getting it replaced will fix the issue. TIA! :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took possession of my 2011 MKX last Saturday and have had some issues. My navigation and ipod hook up weren't working due to it still being in transportation mode. That part is fixed but I am still having sporadic issues. The usb is saying it isn't plugged in sometimes when it is...and navigation fault is popping up frequently as well. Super frustrating this early in the game. Anyone else having issues or does your system work perfectly? I'm hoping there is something wrong with the unit itself and getting it replaced will fix the issue. TIA! :)

Hi. Good to hear you got your new ride!

Yes, many many others are having issues. This MyTouch system has several bugs and we are all hoping Ford will come out with a software upgrade SOON!

Browse the forum and you will get a pretty good idea of what the issues are.

Does anyone have NO problems? Please let us know.

I've had a few Touch issues, but no show stoppers.

My nav system said it couldn't see an SD card a couple of time, even though the card was fully inserted. After a couple of engine on/off cycles it found the card again. I don't recall for sure, but I think both times it lost the SD card I was using USB audio to control my iPhone. If it happens again I'm going to try to notice a pattern.

I've had a few Touch issues, but no show stoppers.

My nav system said it couldn't see an SD card a couple of time, even though the card was fully inserted. After a couple of engine on/off cycles it found the card again. I don't recall for sure, but I think both times it lost the SD card I was using USB audio to control my iPhone. If it happens again I'm going to try to notice a pattern.

Are you using BT Audio or USB?

Hi. Good to hear you got your new ride!

Yes, many many others are having issues. This MyTouch system has several bugs and we are all hoping Ford will come out with a software upgrade SOON!

Browse the forum and you will get a pretty good idea of what the issues are.

Does anyone have NO problems? Please let us know.

I hate to curse myself, but I have had a very trouble free vehicle so far. It has been almost 2 months, over 2300 miles and no problems.

The USB issue mentioned above sounds like it could be a loose connector. That whole usb, sd card, video bar would connect with one cable back to the computer or whatever in the dash somewhere. I would have the service techs start with that.

I hate to curse myself, but I have had a very trouble free vehicle so far. It has been almost 2 months, over 2300 miles and no problems.

The USB issue mentioned above sounds like it could be a loose connector. That whole usb, sd card, video bar would connect with one cable back to the computer or whatever in the dash somewhere. I would have the service techs start with that.

Yeah - I hate the idea of jinx too - but the only problem I have is with subscription problems to Sirius which doesn't work in Alaska anyway so I don't really care. Other than that - nothing I would call problems.

How about this feature I came across tonight...My headlights would not come on until the MFT system finished a 30 second boot sequence.

NOT comforting to know that the headlights are controlled by My Fn Touch.

What happens if MFT decides to go brain dead while I'm driving down the highway at night? Will I have lights? Will I have Air Bags? Will I have brakes??

FORD, you've earned this red card!redcard.gif

Edited by wilsons66604

Yeah - I hate the idea of jinx too - but the only problem I have is with subscription problems to Sirius which doesn't work in Alaska anyway so I don't really care. Other than that - nothing I would call problems.

Choff, our cars were built pretty much the same week, right? Or yours may have been a week before mine.

So, the issues are not dependent on build dates.

I hope those people who are trouble free , stay trouble free.

Choff, our cars were built pretty much the same week, right? Or yours may have been a week before mine.

So, the issues are not dependent on build dates.

I hope those people who are trouble free , stay trouble free.

Not sure the exact date right at the moment - but week of August 20th...

I recall your's making trek to the boat in WA the week mine was built. We ended up taking delivery the same week I THINK

The urgency for me to get to the dealership has increased. I need to report these issues soon!

Yes, we took delivery the same week. Hope your issues are a simple fix or that a new module fixes them all.

How about this feature I came across tonight...My headlights would not come on until the MFT system finished a 30 second boot sequence.

NOT comforting to know that the headlights are controlled by My Fn Touch.

What happens if MFT decides to go brain dead while I'm driving down the highway at night? Will I have lights? Will I have Air Bags? Will I have brakes??

FORD, you've earned this red card!redcard.gif

Wilson

My Edge was built 8/31. I had a MFT hiccup the first week I had the Edge while I was driving at night. I was using the voice command to input an address for navigation, I had my ipod connected and was talking on the phone. I think the MFT was temporarily overloaded and the system shut down and rebooted itself... screens were all dark for about 2 minutes... I was completely freaked out, naturally. However my speedometer and the headlights stayed on, the brakes and turn signals all worked fine.

Since that one hiccup it's been working fine.

I'm sure there is a safety mechanism built in.

Edited by luvford

Wilson

My Edge was built 8/31. I had a MFT hiccup the first week I had the Edge while I was driving at night. I was using the voice command to input an address for navigation, I had my ipod connected and was talking on the phone. I think the MFT was temporarily overloaded and the system shut down and rebooted itself... screens were all dark for about 2 minutes... I was completely freaked out, naturally. However my speedometer and the headlights stayed on, the brakes and turn signals all worked fine.

Since that one hiccup it's been working fine.

I'm sure there is a safety mechanism built in.

That's good to hear that vital systems kept running! Thanks for letting me know. I feel better now!

• 3 weeks later...

My car has been in the shop 3 times now. They don't know what is wrong with it. So, that's awesome. Navigation still reads fault. The usb card isn't being detected. The blue tooth audio stream isn't working. Super frustrated. The dealer says there aren't any updates yet--so I don't know if it is a software issue or if it is the unit itself. Sure would be nice to have some answers.

My car has been in the shop 3 times now. They don't know what is wrong with it. So, that's awesome. Navigation still reads fault. The usb card isn't being detected. The blue tooth audio stream isn't working. Super frustrated. The dealer says there aren't any updates yet--so I don't know if it is a software issue or if it is the unit itself. Sure would be nice to have some answers.

Here's my issues so far:

1. System re-boot. 4 -5 times per week. Mostly on first start-up in the morning.

2. System re-boot after 5 min of driving. Has happened 2 times so far. Really anoying when the heated seat is on high and can't be turned down for 5 minutes.

3. 8in screen does not dim below default when headlights are turned on. Doesn’t happen always, but very frequent. Only way to dim further is to go through the “Display” menu and adjust the brightness up and then back down. I have my screen set to the lowest possible relative dimming level.

4. Bluetooth cell phone does not connect. 4 – 5 times per week.

5. Message that Ipod USB it is disconnected. Ipod is NOT disconnected. Pop-up stays on screen until USB plug is removed, even if screens are changed.

6. No audio volume control at all. Happened 2 times so far. Only fix was a forced re-boot (pull fuse #29)

7. 30 sec. delay from when the screen comes up to when it will accept an input.

8. Menu control for phone will not move past “redial” screen in the IP.

Sure hope they get new software done soon.

I am having issues with the whole 2011 Ford Edge Mytouch SYNC system; within 5 days of purchase it started acting up and dropping phone connection. Took in for service and all they would say is it is your phone; I do not have an iphone which is one of the phones having issues with the SYNC system. Four day later the whole system went DEAD!!! Ford Service said it was the computer module and ordered one and the following week it finally came in. After the service dept. tried to connect and program the new item all day they determined they could not. I was called and told it will be 2 to 3 weeks for Ford to get back to them with a possible fix. The car is still in service and I have been advised by the Lemon Law Consumer Protection Lawyer to leave it there especially since they wanted me to pick it up unfixed. If you are having any problems like this you should contact a Consumer Protection Attorney; it's a free service for the consumer. Hope this helps others.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having issues with the whole 2011 Ford Edge Mytouch SYNC system; within 5 days of purchase it started acting up and dropping phone connection. Took in for service and all they would say is it is your phone; I do not have an iphone which is one of the phones having issues with the SYNC system. Four days later the whole system went DEAD!!! Ford Service said it was the computer module and ordered one and the following week it finally came in. After the service dept. tried to connect and program the new item all day they determined they could not. I was called and told it will be 2 to 3 weeks for Ford to get back to them with a possible fix. The car is still in service and I have been advised by the Lemon Law Consumer Protection Lawyer to leave it there especially since they wanted me to pick it up unfixed. If you are having any problems like this you should contact a Consumer Protection Attorney; it's a free service for the consumer. Hope this helps others.

Still have a DEAD EDGE going on 3 weeks in Service Dept. at FORD and NO FIX.......Service Advisor called and said Ford is on a Fishing Expedition and does not know how to fix it!!! Pretty Sad for a $43K vehicle!!! :stop: :stats: :angry: :censored:

Edited by pinkedge

Still have a DEAD EDGE going on 3 weeks in Service Dept. at FORD and NO FIX.......Service Advisor called and said Ford is on a Fishing Expedition and does not know how to fix it!!! Pretty Sad for a $43K vehicle!!! :stop: :stats: :angry: :censored:

So what did your attorney advise you? Can you claim lemon even though your vehicle is still drivable?

So what did your attorney advise you? Can you claim lemon even though your vehicle is still drivable?

He says yes especially if it is out of service for 30 days since it is a loss of value in the vehicle and if they can't fix it. I would be affraid to drive it with the instrument panel freezing up and the possible loss of lights at night. :shift: