SYNC GEN 2 update

orlym2

This wouldn't be the first time that the dealers and Ford didn't have their act together on something like this. I ran into similar problems with updates on my 2005 Ford diesel. I would read about updates on a forum and go to the dealer and they don't know anything about it. Go back in a couples of weeks and the dealer has gotten a notice about the update.

I suspect that we will see a similar occurrence here or Sync will withdraw the update notice.

I wonder why Sync would post something and then pull it. Did they post the update before testing it? Na. They test everything before releasing....right?

and on that note...WHO IS Sync? Microsoft, Ford or what?

Let's hope the fix is right when they release it again

:doh:

I wonder why Sync would post something and then pull it. Did they post the update before testing it? Na. They test everything before releasing....right?

and on that note...WHO IS Sync? Microsoft, Ford or what?

Let's hope the fix is right when they release it again

:doh:

I notice in your interests you list Beta tester, that's what we are :yup: This is the way it goes, issue, pull it and then re-issue until most of the bugs are eliminated.

But, it is still listed for me, I even signed off and back on and it is still there.

I notice in your interests you list Beta tester, that's what we are :yup: This is the way it goes, issue, pull it and then re-issue until most of the bugs are eliminated.

But, it is still listed for me, I even signed off and back on and it is still there.

Damn you Curly! :lol:

I'm willing to test the new version. Can it be any worse than what I have???

Mine is gone too.

I had taken the print out with me today when I stopped by my dealership on another issue. (I bought my Edge on Thursday and then in Monday's mail I got the $750 off mailer. Good news is that I'll get my $750. I just have to wait for Ford to pay the dealer, then I'll get a check.) They didn't have a clue that an update was available. I showed them the printout. The service department checked into it and they said that it had to do with 911 assist. I was told that they could make an appointment, but they would have to charge a service fee. If I waited for a mailed notification from Ford, they would install if for free.

If it was something I could install myself, but just didn't want to mess with or wasn't technically inclined enough to feel comfortable doing myself, then I could see charging me a convenience fee for them to do it for me. This is not something they allow us to do ourselves so they shouldn't charge, especially when it's obviously bug fixes. It also shouldn't matter if I'm notified on syncmyride or through a mailer. It's listed as an update applicable to my VIN, so they should just do it.

Then there's the fact that my car is less than a week old...

Oh, well. Since it's gone, I guess it doesn't matter right now.

SyncMyRide also told me BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2 was available for my Edge, so I printed out the "request for update" form, called the dealer and made an appointment for this afternoon. After they had the car for an hour and a half, they came back and said they can't see that anything needs updating. However, they also emailed sync support asking why the customer had information they didn't have yet. They were nice and apologetic about it, but they said they needed to get some answers from support, and that they would call me when they found out more.

At least they didn't want to charge me for it!

Mine is still there at SyncMyRide. Under "Choose Updates and Upgrades Available for Your SYNC", it lists BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2, and gives me the option to print the Request for SYNC Upgrade form.

Still awaiting a call back from the service writer at the dealership regarding a response from Sync support.

Edited by dan_man

Mine is still there at SyncMyRide. Under "Choose Updates and Upgrades Available for Your SYNC", it lists “BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2”, and gives me the option to print the Request for SYNC Upgrade form.

Still awaiting a call back from the service writer at the dealership regarding a response from Sync support.

Dealer just called and said they heard back from Sync support. Per support, I have all the updates which are available so they have nothing to upgrade, and they're not sure why I received the notification.

As an earlier poster said, I guess we we should wait a couple of weeks for Sync support and the dealers to get sync'ed up. (Yes, pun intended.)

Gone from my 2011 edge also! listed yesterday, gone today...rats!

Same here :(

P.S.

My dealer is on crack if they think i am paying to fix a problem with thier system...they released it with bugs, they need to fix it..AT NO CHARGE, like people are saying, the car is under warranty for this crap!

I didn't call them to advise them of this update but when the official one finally comes out, they better do the right thing.

I dont have my Edge yet but I SHOULD be picking it up in about 2 weeks. Is the MyFordTouch system that bad? From what I am reading it is loaded with bugs. I have the iPhone 4 and I am gonna be pissed when I start seeing problems. Is the system fine for avid users? Although I am a techie and am always playing around with technology... Just sucks to be reading that so many people are having problems with this system. MyFordTouch is what really SOLD me on getting the car. When I test drove it I did notice that the response time was very slow... I am used to my iphone where it has just amazing response time.

I registered on syncmyride (I have my VIN) and I noticed that SYNC GEN 2 has been installed but software version 1.3. Maybe ford updated the actual myfordtouch hardware?

I dont have my Edge yet but I SHOULD be picking it up in about 2 weeks. Is the MyFordTouch system that bad? From what I am reading it is loaded with bugs. I have the iPhone 4 and I am gonna be pissed when I start seeing problems. Is the system fine for avid users? Although I am a techie and am always playing around with technology... Just sucks to be reading that so many people are having problems with this system. MyFordTouch is what really SOLD me on getting the car. When I test drove it I did notice that the response time was very slow... I am used to my iphone where it has just amazing response time.

I registered on syncmyride (I have my VIN) and I noticed that SYNC GEN 2 has been installed but software version 1.3. Maybe ford updated the actual myfordtouch hardware?

All iPhone users will be sad to hear this latest twitter conversation with Ford...Breaking News

Edited by wilsons66604

Sabia - take everything you hear on here with a grain of salt. Yes there are people having problems and have legitimate grips with the fact that there are no fixes. There are also people that the worst they have is that their Iphone contact photo's don't show up in the phone book and it won't read a text if it comes in. Both today are great big boo hoo cry me a river. Would it be fun and cool, sure, but it will get there. I don't believe that Apple is plain refusing to work with Ford/Microsoft on this. It may not be going at the speed we as users would like but when do new gadgets ever come as fast as we want.

The touch screen is not an iphone - but it is similar to a garmin.

Good luck - I hope your system works as it should and if it does that you stick around the forum to even out the working to nonworking ratio...

Scott, what functionality is not working or doesn't exist when pairing up an iPhone with SYNC? I have an iPhone myself so I am curious.

Really...The only reliable thing that works with the iPhone is the hardwired USB. The phone is kinda reliable but I suspect it as the reason for random reboots.

I am actually thinking about dumping iPhone for something that does work but Ford has yet to come back to me an let me know what phone does work.

This is what I have always suspected but got "beat up" by Ford lovers when i suggested it.

We are caught in the middle of a cat fight between Apple, Ford, & Microsoft. Holy crap.

Really...The only reliable thing that works with the iPhone is the hardwired USB. The phone is kinda reliable but I suspect it as the reason for random reboots.

I am actually thinking about dumping iPhone for something that does work but Ford has yet to come back to me an let me know what phone does work.

This is what I have always suspected but got "beat up" by Ford lovers when i suggested it.

We are caught in the middle of a cat fight between Apple, Ford, & Microsoft. Holy crap.

Mine works reliably - I have not hooked up USB yet - Never had to re-pair it to sync it has not caused any random reboots. I am starting to think you may need a whole new unit installed in your car - it may not be a software issue. But I guess we won't know till there is an update to get you to take it into the dealer.