2011 Edge Cargo Mat Liner

Dreamss

Hey!

I didn't order the cargo package on my new '11 Edge, some of the "negative" reviews early on turned me off so I opted not to take it.

However, not having the cargo rubber mat to protect the carpet is driving me nuts now! I had to do some reno's this past weekend and wound up taking a cab home from our bog box store while my wife followed me in the Edge as some of the stuff was dusty, and a few bags of concrete mix that could have leaked out of the cheap paper bag it's in. I said no way that's going into my brand new truck! My wife thought I was a freak, got pissed, and all I heard was blah blah blah...dummy....blah blah...why did you buy a truck then...blah blah...we got a good laugh out of it but she was pissed initially when it cost me an extra $20 to get home by cab :hysterical:

I like to keep my car CLEAN and just the thought of dirt staining the carpets or getting them super dirty freaks me out so I promised to get a rubber mat ASAP.

I started looking tonight for this and remember reading about WeatherTech and how good their stuff is. I was on their site and notice that they do not have anything up yet for the 2011 Ford Edge, only the 2010 model. I read that someone inquired about it being compatible or not with the 2011 and the company could not say yet as they hadn't tested it. The price is $109.00 USD or $149.00 CAD (and the dollar is at par?!?!,,guess I’m buying it in the USA!)

Here is the pic:

Mat1.jpg

I also came across the this one on Ebay, a genuine Ford part for $79.00 USD:

Mat2.jpg

Does anyone know if the WeatherTech mat is really far more superior? It looks really nice, meaning it has some styling to it which makes the cargo area look good, but it also looks thick and made well.

Should I jump on the Ford mat from Ebay or wait until the 2011's are out on the WeatherTech site?

I was hoping to have this before the snow started but it's not the end of the world if I don't.

P.S.

I found this on a Ebay store as well for the 2011 Edge, Calliper cover in Red for that "sporty" look:

Calip.jpg

Thanks!

Tony

I am wondering about exactly the same thing. I live in Oakville Ontario and see that WeatherTech has a showroom in Burlington Ontario. I am familiar with WT product and the digitalFit for vehicles is awesome/high quality. As a Canadian (we) continually get screwed by the dollar exchange, but as you mentioned, that has changed. I know that you just wanted the cargo mat as I do, but if you go onto the US site, (and type in a search for 2010 Edge) you will see that they package the digitalFit cargo mat with the front and rear mats as well for 279.85 US. Compare this to the Canadian site which offers the same product for 352.85 CAN. I thought I would head out to Burlington and see if their existing stock that fits the 2010 also fits the 2011. Here's hoping Good luck :speedie:

Going through the same thing on a Cargo liner for the 2011. Ford shows a different part number for 2011 (BA1Z-6111600-YD) and Weathertech does not list the 2011 Edge yet. If this the same E-bay listing I looked at, the part number they show does not match the number i listed.

I finally got tired of waiting and ordered the mat from http://www.carpartsestore.com/search.php for $76.95 with shipping. If you are in Canada they only ship to US domestic.

I will try the mat and if is doesn't last I will replace it with a Weathertech when they are available. I need something now!

I ordered the Ford liner with my Edge. It was on back-order and came in a few days later. I'm pleased with the quality, although I thought it would be a little thicker. It took a few days for it to uncurl on the edges since it had been rolled up in the box, but it fits fine now. Overall, it works as expected and protects my light-colored carpeting in the cargo area.

Incidentally, my sales guys warned me off the entire cargo package. He said the liner would be worthwhle, but that Ford really did a poor job with the "cover" portion.

Edited by dan_man

Going through the same thing on a Cargo liner for the 2011. Ford shows a different part number for 2011 (BA1Z-6111600-YD) and Weathertech does not list the 2011 Edge yet. If this the same E-bay listing I looked at, the part number they show does not match the number i listed.

I finally got tired of waiting and ordered the mat from http://www.carpartsestore.com/search.php for $76.95 with shipping. If you are in Canada they only ship to US domestic.

I will try the mat and if is doesn't last I will replace it with a Weathertech when they are available. I need something now!

Be aware that there is an error on the Ford Accessory site http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Edge~2011~BA1Z_6111600_YD . I ordered the part number shown for the 2011 Edge BA1Z-6111600-YD and this mat is for the MKZ not the Edge. Appears the correct part number for Ford is BT4Z-6111600-AA. I will probably keep the MKZ mat rather then go through the hassle of trying to return it.

And yes the mat is a little on the lite side but is serviceable and will have to do for now.

Edited by curlysir

So did somebody got the Weathertech liner or/and floor mats (digital fit / all-weather) and can confirm that they fit properly on the 2001 Edge?

I'm thinking of buying a tan set since Ford did quite a poor job with their cargo/all weather mats package: The cargo cover was taken off immediately and the all weather liners are black vs. the tan interior I have. And the quality of the cargo liner is nothing to write home about, although can't complain either

Thanks.

Edited by dr00x

Well, hard to believe, but I thought I'd have my vehicle by now........NOT....., :cry: , Its now been about 3 weeks since the build and Ford refuses to deliver the vehicle from the plant. As I'm sure you've read, the software issues are the culprit. Rumour has it that there are fixes to these software problems so I'm hoping I'll be in the drivers seat soon :shift:

Well, hard to believe, but I thought I'd have my vehicle by now........NOT....., :cry: , Its now been about 3 weeks since the build and Ford refuses to deliver the vehicle from the plant. As I'm sure you've read, the software issues are the culprit. Rumour has it that there are fixes to these software problems so I'm hoping I'll be in the drivers seat soon :shift:

Shaky, I'm in the exact same boat as you. My MKX was built Nov 5. The dealer called and was told there was a hold placed on it preventing it from being shipped. He was not told why. I'm assuming it is a sync issue although that's just a guess. Have you had confirmation on what the issue is? Have you got an MKX on order or an Edge? The funny thing is the dealer had an MKX delivered to him that was built 2 weeks after mine. They did not place a hold on it. That owner has had a lot of problems with his screen not powering up. Do you have any news on when this issue will be resolved and the vehicles shipped? It's very, very difficult to get accurate info!

Mine is an Edge Ltd. AWD. We both must obviously be VIP customers. They want the majority of problems addressed before giving us the vehicles. All my dealer told me (last friday) was that their dealership just received the latest download from Ford to fix problems. On a different note, I watch Ford shuttle vehicles to a nearby location daily. Rumour has it that they might be uploading the new software offsite so as to not disrupt the assembly line. Our vehicles are probably being held to get these updates before getting released.

Mine is an Edge Ltd. AWD. We both must obviously be VIP customers. They want the majority of problems addressed before giving us the vehicles. All my dealer told me (last friday) was that their dealership just received the latest download from Ford to fix problems. On a different note, I watch Ford shuttle vehicles to a nearby location daily. Rumour has it that they might be uploading the new software offsite so as to not disrupt the assembly line. Our vehicles are probably being held to get these updates before getting released.

Thanks for the additional info! VIP, eh? Well, I just hope to get the car without issues and quickly. I've sold my trade to my neighbour and he's getting ancy to get his hands on it as I am my MKX. I wonder if they'll update the oldest built ones first?