2011 Edge Cargo net

Hello all. I am new to the forum as well as Ford. I've always been a GM guy, but we really liked the Edge, and it fit our needs the best with a little one on the way. I was thinking about getting a cargo shade until I did some searching and read the comments out here. Now I think I will save my money. I can't believe they don't have a roll-up cover like every other manufacturer does. Maybe in the future. I do have a question though. When you look at the accessory options on Ford's website, they list a Cargo Accessory Package that includes the cover / rear parcel shelf. Is the shelf a separate piece or is the cover sturdy enough to put things on? Just curious. Here is a link to the option on Ford's website.

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/edge/accessories/#page=Feature12

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Hello all. I am new to the forum as well as Ford. I've always been a GM guy, but we really liked the Edge, and it fit our needs the best with a little one on the way. I was thinking about getting a cargo shade until I did some searching and read the comments out here. Now I think I will save my money. I can't believe they don't have a roll-up cover like every other manufacturer does. Maybe in the future. I do have a question though. When you look at the accessory options on Ford's website, they list a Cargo Accessory Package that includes the cover / rear parcel shelf. Is the shelf a separate piece or is the cover sturdy enough to put things on? Just curious. Here is a link to the option on Ford's website.

http://www.ford.com/crossovers/edge/accessories/#page=Feature12

Thanks for your help.

Scott

I have the cargo package on my Edge that I purchased in Sept last yr. I never heard of the parcel shelf. The security shade is not strong enough to hold anything so I wonder what that shelf is.

I picked up the cargo security cover or shade a couple of weeks ago because I got tired of covering cargo with blankets. I figured, someone can see the hump and know something's covered. Yes, the shade's a piece of viynl, but when in place no one can see anything under it. :D I wish the shade came with a roll-up feature, but I'm somewhat happy I bought it.

• 1 month later...

Just got my new 2012 Edge (today!) and was thinking the same thing others posted here that it would crush some things if you closed the liftgate... then my wife said "it's supposed to prevent things from falling out when you open the liftgate" - so that makes sense. Put a few things inside the net and it prevents the rest from falling out.

I did figure out that those knobby things were to put plastic bags on (held a bag with two pineapples in it).

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just got my new 2012 Edge (today!) and was thinking the same thing others posted here that it would crush some things if you closed the liftgate... then my wife said "it's supposed to prevent things from falling out when you open the liftgate" - so that makes sense. Put a few things inside the net and it prevents the rest from falling out.

I did figure out that those knobby things were to put plastic bags on (held a bag with two pineapples in it).

Your wife is correct. I now always use the cargo net after having stuff fall out and land at my feet when I open the liftgate. I also learned not to put put fragile items in the cargo net because they will bang against the liftgate. My biggest complain is the bottom side loops never stay connected and I don't yet have a good modification to fix that problem.