2011 SEL AWD or Limited AWD

cgoodale

Hi, I am going tonight to order my 2011 Edge tonight. I am torn between ordering the Limited or the SEL. The only interesting differences are the memory seats and the rearview camera. Me and my wife are short (5'5") and found it a bit cumbersome to get out of the Edge when we test drove so the memory seats would be a neat function to have. The rearview camera I am not sold on as I have never had it before.

So my question ends up being is the difference in price ($1700) worth going with the Limited versus SEL?

$1700 without negotiating... Try to get that down, but either way, Id go with the limited over the SEL. The driver entry package is awesome. The rear view camera (I've never had one either) is VERY useful. It has guidelines that correspond to your tire tracks so that you will never end up rashing your rims on curbs when parallel parking, it also helps with getting a trailer attached if you tow. Either way you're going to love your new Edge.

:blush:

Hi, I am going tonight to order my 2011 Edge tonight. I am torn between ordering the Limited or the SEL. The only interesting differences are the memory seats and the rearview camera. Me and my wife are short (5'5") and found it a bit cumbersome to get out of the Edge when we test drove so the memory seats would be a neat function to have. The rearview camera I am not sold on as I have never had it before.

So my question ends up being is the difference in price ($1700) worth going with the Limited versus SEL?

Congratulations! Just so you know though the memory seats do no "remember" up and down. Whatever height you adjust them to they stay like that. I'm shorter than you and I use both memory buttons. One to get om and out and after I start the car I hit the second one to bring me up to the level I like to use for driving. Maybe you and your wife can use the same 2 settings unless of course whatever height you adjust it to to get in is the same one you want for driving. I'm only 5'2" :blush:

:blush:

Congratulations! Just so you know though the memory seats do no "remember" up and down. Whatever height you adjust them to they stay like that. I'm shorter than you and I use both memory buttons. One to get om and out and after I start the car I hit the second one to bring me up to the level I like to use for driving. Maybe you and your wife can use the same 2 settings unless of course whatever height you adjust it to to get in is the same one you want for driving. I'm only 5'2" :blush:

Trisha have that looked at. Mine set for all settings. It is a full on ride getting in and pushing the button after my hubby drives... He is 6 2 and I am 5 8 - not a huge difference, but our legs are the same length so it is all torso difference.

Trisha have that looked at. Mine set for all settings. It is a full on ride getting in and pushing the button after my hubby drives... He is 6 2 and I am 5 8 - not a huge difference, but our legs are the same length so it is all torso difference.

I actually did take it to the dealers as I tried six ways to Sunday and couldn't get it to go up and down as part of the memory. They were the ones that told me that it does not go up and down. Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well either. When I get in I would like the seat to be low; then after I get in and start the car I would like it to raise up and put me in the proper position for driving which is up high. They said I can only have the height in one position and it will adjust to that position only. The easy exit works fine but the seat only stays at the one height. Does this make sense?

Thanks for the quick response. We would be getting the Driver's package if we go with the SEL as well. The driver's package does not come with the memory seats. The memory seats are not available on the SEL in any package.

I thought the up and down would be worth it but if it slides back I will not be bumping my knee on the steering column.

I am getting $1000 below invoice price on the SEL AWD due to a dealer mistake but they are honouring the mistake and they would honour the difference for the Limited if we go that way as well.

@ Choff do you mean you can set for up & down as well as forward/backward

@ Choff do you mean you can set for up & down as well as forward/backward

Yeah - my chair moves all types of ways with the button. front back, up down, tilt the seat platform and do the lumbar - plus mirrors. Wish it did the steering wheel too, but guess that comes with the lincoln and we finally found a spot that we are both comfortable with.

I think you are confusing memory positions with the easy entry feature. Easy entry (the slide back when you turn off the key) will not change the seat height ever. The memory positions certainly will allow adjustment to different heights.

I actually did take it to the dealers as I tried six ways to Sunday and couldn't get it to go up and down as part of the memory. They were the ones that told me that it does not go up and down. Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well either. When I get in I would like the seat to be low; then after I get in and start the car I would like it to raise up and put me in the proper position for driving which is up high. They said I can only have the height in one position and it will adjust to that position only. The easy exit works fine but the seat only stays at the one height. Does this make sense?

Gotcha - you want the easy entry to change hights... that doesn't happen.

the stereo comment was something I wasnt sure of. We are getting the NAV package on the SEL and that comes with the Sony stereo but it doesnt say if you get the extra speakers when you go with the Sony stereo.

If anyone has the SEL with the NAV/Sony system can you tell me if you get the extra speakers?

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

pinkedge---this is getting old quick. Why are you multiposting this message everywhere? What is it you want?

Just stop. It's not a scam. Once they found out about the problem they did put a shipping hold on new vehicles until they could be updated. They would not have shipped any vehicles if they knew that a large number of MFTs would be inoperable. And they've been working diligently to come up with a fix.

You can certainly blame their testing, quality control, communication to dealers and dealer preparedness to deal with this problem but don't exagerrate just because you're upset. And posting the same thing over and over in different topics is getting old. At least confine your rants to one topic.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...