Sync Update Posted TODAY 12/7 on the Sync Site

tenstepn

To all 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX owners with the MyFord Touch sytem - There is a new software update (G2 V1.1) that is now available through Ford dealers. We are taking the opportunity to offer a software update to add enhancements and compatibility improvements as well as correcting functionality of several features.

As a planned, standard process of the SYNC and MyFord Touch development process, we continue to evolve and improve the software as we add the system to new products in our line-up, such as the Explorer and Focus. This new level of software is now being made available through this current update to existing MyFord/Lincoln Touch owners.

We strongly recommend that you first contact your local Ford dealership so that they can schedule an appointment for the MyFord Touch software update. Thank you,

To all 2011 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX owners with the MyFord Touch sytem - There is a new software update (G2 V1.1) that is now available through Ford dealers. We are taking the opportunity to offer a software update to add enhancements and compatibility improvements as well as correcting functionality of several features.

As a planned, standard process of the SYNC and MyFord Touch development process, we continue to evolve and improve the software as we add the system to new products in our line-up, such as the Explorer and Focus. This new level of software is now being made available through this current update to existing MyFord/Lincoln Touch owners.

We strongly recommend that you first contact your local Ford dealership so that they can schedule an appointment for the MyFord Touch software update. Thank you,

Where did you find this text? Did you get notified with an email or something?

UPDATE: I found it. It is a post on the SyncMyRide forum

Edited by wilsons66604

This is a bit of a duplicate(I posted in the TSB thread as well), but my dealership contacted me and told me the update was available...I have a 12/13 appointment...

I vote we get this thread deleted or moved to your thread...I agree this is redundant - we all will be looking and watching for updates - post patch install.

Wow - have to visit the dealership for this?!

That is going to get VERY OLD quickly. Seriously what's wrong with USB and/or an OTA upgrade?

Yeah,

Why do I have to go to the dealer for this if it is a software update? I simply don't have the time to wait around the dealership for hours nor do I want to leave my vehicle with them.

Someone please, please post here what the updated software does for your vehicle. I would like more information before I contact my dealer.

FYI:

Any new entries in this topic will help to keep it alive.

(No-code)

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them :censored: ing with the car instead of making it right.

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them :censored: ing with the car instead of making it right.

Wow PinkE! That is awful! I'll let you know if the same thing happens to me today. The module came in, and they are installing today...I will try to collect as much information as I can for you so you can forward it to your dealer.

Just got home. WITHOUT my Edge. Seems it is a 4 part download with internet connection plus thumb drives. Was told they have an even newer MyTouch update then what was posted on yesterdays Sync website.

Dealership gave me a loaner vehicle as it was going to be at least another 1 to 2 hours. Can't complain

Just got home. WITHOUT my Edge. Seems it is a 4 part download with internet connection plus thumb drives. Was told they have an even newer MyTouch update then what was posted on yesterdays Sync website.

Dealership gave me a loaner vehicle as it was going to be at least another 1 to 2 hours. Can't complain

I brought my less than a week old Edge into the dealer this morning after scheduling with the service dept. yesterday. Waited 40 minutes before I was told that there was a mistake, that the update notice I received wasn't supposed to be out there, that Ford wasn't ready to perform any updates to sync yet, and they would call me when they were ready. Oh and they started out by wanting to charge me $45.00 for this update. The update is still showing up on Sync My Ride - pretty sure they don't really have a handle on what's going on.

Was told by my dealer that I should NOT update my car. He is claiming that they have tried the update on vehicles with partial functionality (like mine) and after installation, the system did not work at all anymore (continuous black screen). Not sure I believe him. I am checking with a contact at Ford directly.

My Service Manager just called to tell me that the Ford website was saying nothing was available. They called the Ford Hot Line and learned that Ford was having an issue with the website. I'm still waiting.

What a cluster !

UPDATE:

Service Mgr did say that it was a big update "about 4 pages"

Edited by wilsons66604

My Service Manager just called to tell me that the Ford website was saying nothing was available. They called the Ford Hot Line and learned that Ford was having an issue with the website. I'm still waiting.

What a cluster !

UPDATE:

Service Mgr did say that it was a big update "about 4 pages"

Keep those updates coming - I still haven't gotten a status report yet...I am giving them a few more hours...

Just received this...

"Chad,

Thank you for your email in regards to Ford My Touch.

We have just received word that Technical Service Bulletin 10-24-9 has been sent to the dealers for the My Touch System. Please contact them and schedule an appointment to bring in your vehicle for them to perform the update to your Ford My Touch system. Any dealer should be able to perform this update and the update is for the known issues that have been reported with the system. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Keith

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Support Center

Ford Confidentiality:

--------------------

For security reasons, please do not submit any sensitive personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers, driver license number, SSN, DOB, etc. Thank you.

[THREAD ID:1-5HS3MO]

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 12/8/2010 01:21:23 PM

To: sync@ford.com

Subject: Re: SyncMyRide Website – General Concern

<div>Thanks Keith. Not sure if this is related to the maintenance issue, but the SYNC web site is showing that there's an update ready to be applied to my vehicle, BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2. I brought my vehicle to my Ford dealer this morning for my scheduled appt., and they informed me that there is no update ready for SYNC at this time, that the website is incorrect, and that they will call me when it is ready. There seems to be some confusion around whether or not there is an update, message board users are giving mixed reviews on recent experiences with talking to dealers about the update, how informed and prepared the dealers/service departments seem to be, etc. Can you provide me with any information to help me understand if the update listed above it available, if it is necessary to go to the dealer to have it applied, if the dealers are aware of the update and have the proper tools to apply it, if there's a change-log or some list of what is being updated/enhanced/added, and lastly whether or not it's necessary to apply the update immediately or by a certain date? I have some reservations about bringing my vehicle back to the service department if the process isn't figured out - I would rather have my working, older version of SYNC then risk messing it up if the process hasnt' been ironed out yet.</div>

<div> </div>

<div>Thanks,</div>"

"BT4T-14D544-BD" is the update? That's the version on ours now from the factory (built early Nov). I haven't had a lot of the issues described but it has rebooted twice on us and bluetooth over our cell is completely garbled and unusable (though the data and pairing works fine) Guess ALL the bugs weren't worked out :(

"BT4T-14D544-BD" is the update? That's the version on ours now from the factory (built early Nov). I haven't had a lot of the issues described but it has rebooted twice on us and bluetooth over our cell is completely garbled and unusable (though the data and pairing works fine) Guess ALL the bugs weren't worked out :(

Really?!?

Now my head is really starting to hurt.

This Sync team is amazing. Ford should hire a few experts to manage the army of interns they are using.

Really?!?

Now my head is really starting to hurt.

This Sync team is amazing. Ford should hire a few experts to manage the army of interns they are using.

Well I broke down and called my dealership to find out what was going on with my new module...LOL - they said the only information they have is waiting on a call from "The Ford Hotline" and my vehicle is in a "hold status". Anyone care to bet they replaced the module, updated the software and it was bricked? LOL

Par for the course! Welcome to The Edge of the world wide wait!!!

Brian